He is sensitive so...would he be offended if

I bought him some 'height increasing' tennis shoes? they look normal but of course add inches...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Shopping

• Sounds JUST like mine! It's funny how grown men can act like 14 year old girls lol. My hubby has a little dandruff. Not a big deal! It doesn't gross me out or anything, but I you know it's fixable. I bought him head and shoulders (without asking him or anything) and freaks out saying "I can't believe you bought me that shampoo! Am I that gross?? Is my hair that bad??" It was an ordeal, I was sorry I bought the damn shampoo in the end!
    Evansmommy91

Answer by Evansmommy91 at 12:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• It depends on whether or not he is very sensitive about his height.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 12:25 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I know my hubby (I'm assuming that's who you're talking about) would be upset if he were sensitive about his height- God knows he's sensitive about everything else! I would casually bring up the shoes in convo first; coming home with them could cause unnecessary bickering...
    Evansmommy91

Answer by Evansmommy91 at 12:28 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Maybe he didn't have a problem with his height, and it offended him that you did. You have to remember that sometimes while you mean well, it can really upset someone if they start to believe what they considered a small thing, is actually a huge problem to someone they love. Now he is going to constantly think everyone is noticing his lack of height, instead of noticing him. Unless he mentions getting himself something like that, then you should never buy it. Think how you would feel if you were sitting at home, and he bought you a gym membership, and a series of workout suits because you gained 10 pounds. You wouldn't be real fond of him doing that. 

Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 12:48 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Who is "him"?
    AugustMidge

Answer by AugustMidge at 12:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2010