Dating a younger guy

I have never exactly been a cougar lol, but I have been dating a guy now for 8 months who is several years my junior, actually hes closer to my sons age than my age lol, anyway the realtionship is going great and we are getting more and more serious, I am ready to move in together but Im not sure how he feels, any advice on dealing with dating younger guys and how my 17 year old son will feal about this?

alextheitalia

Asked by alextheitalia at 12:27 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I think that you owe it to your son not to move in with this young guy until your son is of age, graduates and leaves for college or to live on his own. If there is any substance to your relationship with this other person, it will wait until then.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:32 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• have you tried talking to your son about it? how does he feel about the other guy? do they get along?
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 12:34 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I'm wondering just how close to your son's age he is. I can imagine this doesn't sit well with your son, even if he hasn't said anything about it. Being that your son still lives at home, I think you need to talk to him, and ask him how he feels about this guy moving in. Listen to what he has to say, and go from there if you feel like you are both ready to take it to that level. With me, his age raises a red flag. If we are talking about someone who is barely legal, and this is his first serious relationship, then I think you are playing with fire. 8 months isn't a very long time. Perhaps you should wait a little bit longer, and see where it goes before you decide to move this guy in. Good luck in whatever you chose. 

Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 12:41 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I could never embarrass my kids like that, I would rather be alone
    Inheritingkids

Answer by Inheritingkids at 10:25 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• How would you feel about your son moving in with a woman ten years older than he is?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2010