Would you be willing to die for your faith?

Whatever it is that you profess to believe, if someone were to challenge it, would you be willing to die for it? Would you be willing to uphold your church's leaders and ALL of the tenets of what your religion professes to believe as well?

Reenieredhead

Asked by Reenieredhead at 12:38 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yup!
    It happens all the time in other countries.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:41 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I would hope that I have enough integrity to uphold the standards that I hold near and dear to my heart. My beliefs are what help to hold me together during times of trial.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:41 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yes, because I know that if I were to deny Christ during persecution i would spend eternity without Him.
    DawnDietz777

Answer by DawnDietz777 at 12:44 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Would I WANT to - no (I'm not suicidal, lol). Would I be WILLING to die for my faith - yes.

Would I be willing to die to uphold all the teachings of the church I attend and the Pastors who preach there - no, because those policies and those Pastors are people (or made by people), and, no matter how much we as people try to follow the teachings of my faith, we aren't perfect. We make mistakes, and we aren't always going to agree with every technicality and detail, and I wouldn't want to die for those.

However, that's not the same thing as being willing to die for what I, personally, believe in. And, it's because I hold my beliefs that closely, it's why I'm able to respect those who believe differently than I do - because, after all, if I feel this strongly about my beliefs, and want it respected, then who am I to say that they don't hold their beliefs just as closely, and also want them respected, kwim?
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:46 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I should probably clarify what I mean a bit -- If someone was going to shoot me because I'm a Christian (as happened to one of the girls that died at Columbine), would I deny my faith to avoid being shot? No, I absolutely would not deny my faith, even if it meant I was shot.

But, would I be willing to take some sort of Waco TX stand, a showdown with the police, because my Pastor told me that this was what God wanted - absolutely not.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:49 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• No, I would not. At this point I am not feeling that strong in my faith. My granddaughter needs me more than Bod needs me to stand up for him.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:54 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• IN THE NAME OF JESUS YES !
    sweethonesty520

Answer by sweethonesty520 at 1:06 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• WHAT religion would require such an act?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:42 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Am I willing to die for my faith? Absolutely. Am I willing to die for the teachings of man, no matter how godly they are? Nope.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 1:52 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I'm not saying that it would ever be required. It was just something I got to thinking about as I've answered some questions about my own religion. In all honesty, answering questions has made my own faith and testimony stronger. And I realized that I don't just believe. I know. As unpopular as my church may become, or as unpopular and even potentially life-threatening it could be to be Christian, I cannot deny what I know to be true. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior. I know God lives. I know that He loves his children. I know that because of that love, he calls prophets to teach and guide us. I know He answers my prayers. I know that there is a living prophet on the earth. I know that families can be forever, and marriage does not have to end at death. I know that truth is not always popular, and it doesn't always make everyone happy right now, but in the long run, truth will give me true and everlasting joy.
    Reenieredhead

Comment by Reenieredhead (original poster) at 1:52 AM on Oct. 6, 2010