Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

what kind of dad or i dont even know if thats the appropriate word for him. thinks that giving me $40 a month is taking care of a child. but brags about all this money he supposedly has.... and claims i am jealous of him because i tell him that $40 is not taking care of your child.


Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • Take him to court I bet he'll be singing a different tune. Do not tell him with all the money he has he just might pay off the lawyer and beat u to it...or the DA Do this soon!!! GL If u r not sure what to do go to your states child support office and get a lot of info on what r ur options. Take Care and God Bless!!!

    Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:52 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • First of all if he claims to have so much money and is only giving you $40 a month then you must have not taken him to court. Your child did not ask to be in born and you damn sure did not have him/her alone. Dear courts are there for this type of thing and they will make him take care of your child properly by removing it from his pay even before he gets a dime himself. They are locking up deadbeat dads now dear, remind him of that and do what you need to do for your child.....Go to court!

    Answer by Cheveyo1 at 12:47 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • What a prick I'm sorry you have to put up with that. Can't you take him to court and sue for more?

    Answer by Evansmommy91 at 12:44 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • Are you married or divorced ?
    If divorced you need to be sure he is paying child support
    If married... then you need to sit with him and show him the budget.

    Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • does he tell u this in voicemail or text because if he does you might want to report it to your local child support office, my brother pays his child support n his ex is literally money hungry, whenever he has a new vehicle, she reports it to them & he ends up paying more, shes done it like twice.

    Answer by gabby06 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • What state are you in? I believe that a lot of states set the amount based on the father's earnings. Does he show strong earnings?

    Answer by tootoobusy at 12:46 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • Take him to court and get yourself the child support benefits you deserve. He's lucky you didn't take him to court prior to this.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • Im assuming your not together. How old are you children? Im a big supporter of joint custody and joint expenses.Such as, where you set up an account before the attorneys (representing each of you) of the expenses you expect to incur each month regarding the childrens needs. You both pay equal amounts into this account & checks have to be signed by each parent for approval and/or set up with an automatic withdrawal for such expenses such as school lunches, etc. Set amount is automatically withdrawn from each parents checking account and put into the childs trust account. If that doesnt work let him have the kids for a short time during school season and see how long it takes for him to holler back at you about the responsibilities and expenses. It wont take long if hes as big of a looser as you claim he is. No grandparents! Thats cheating! You feel me?

    Answer by lacyjones at 5:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2010