teenage daughter

My teenager wanted her nose pierce so instead of her getting that i recommened the marilyn monroe which is right on top of the lip on the right side. I don't like niether but thought the nose pierce was too dramatic. Well she was bugging me about her getting it already and decided she wanted to do it today. Well i let her do it and I find it very dramatic now. Maybe she should have gotten the nose one now. What to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• it will be a little swollen, also have you tried getting her maybe a smaller ring for it?
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 12:50 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I would have told my child that she has to wait until she's 18 to do it on her own. But that is what dh and I have personally chosen for our dd.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:50 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Not much mom ,,,my dear wonderful dd who never wanted to get her ears pierced in my presence all these years, went out with her 18 yr old friends on her 18th b-day. She went to a tattoo parlor and got her ears pierced with a straight needle on a dare from her friends...all the years I invited her to go to the mall and get her ears pierced at a jewelry shop and she went for a tattoo parlor and went with a straight needle with no numbing creme at all. DD and I used to watch the movie, "Parent Trap". and we both would cringe when the sister pierced the other sisters ears with a lemon sitting behind the ear and just using a straight needle....I never saw this one coming, Anywhoo,,,I vote for the Marilyn Monroe look,,,,I bet she looks super cute mom,,
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:52 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• If you had a problem with the first piercing, then maybe you should have told her she couldn't get either of them done, until she was 18 and out of your house. Problem is, now unless she takes it out on her own, there is not much you can do about it. 

Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 1:27 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• There's not much you can do to change it now :) .. as a mother, WITH 11 piercings, I think the best thing about piercings is that you can take them out when or if you get sick of them. tattoos, is another story. The nose is the WORST facial piercing I've had done. it hurts worse than any of the others i have. You can't go back on your choice now, its done, she will decide if she likes it or not, and eventually, you won't even notice its there. It will swell a bit at first and look very dramatic, that's normal. just make sure she cleans it and takes care of it so it doesn't get infected. I bet she looks great! :)
    awasmer828

Answer by awasmer828 at 1:29 AM on Oct. 6, 2010