Does it make me a bad mother?

Does it make me a bad mother if I tune my daughter out when she's crying? Just wondering because my in-laws seem to think I'm a horrible mom for it.

AvaMariesMomma

Asked by AvaMariesMomma at 11:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It makes you very talented! :O)
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:03 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• No, I tune out my sons crying when I know he isn't hurt, doesn't need anything and is just crying to cry or pull a fit.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 11:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I think the term CIO (cry it out) would fit in your situation, right? I guess as long as your daughter isn't in pain and is just crying for attention...if you think it's alright to let her cry it out, then no, you're not a bad mom! Everyone parents differently. As long as you're not neglecting her though, yanno?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:10 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• No I dont think your bad, Sometimes we just cant give into to our children. excpcially if they are crying for nothing. You have to know your child to know when she or he need your attention.
    evansmom446

Answer by evansmom446 at 11:33 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Teach me how!!!!!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• ignore them - in laws can be so abusive in the way they treat you because you arent doing things the way they think you should.
    the next time they say something just say "i appreciate your advise and i will take it into consideration"
    then do what you think is right whether it agrees with them or not cause you are the mom~
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 11:46 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• FUC UR IN LAWS IF THEY GOT A PROBLEM TELL THEM THATS UR CHILD AT THE END OF DA DAY AND ITS NOT LIK U GONNA IGNORE HER IF SHE REALLY NEEDS U TELL THEM 2 STOP SPOILIN DA BABY
    KALICOCOKAY

Answer by KALICOCOKAY at 12:05 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• NO!!! Who cares what the in-laws think?!? My own parents disagree with me and my "tuner", but I dont care. I need to remain sane... and them crying doesnt help :)
    adoptivemommy24

Answer by adoptivemommy24 at 12:16 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Certainly not if you are sure that there is nothing wrong with her...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:27 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Why is she crying? If my kids fall, I make sure to kiss their owies. If they are crying because I told them no, then i tell them to stop (because it is usually fake) and they do. If they are upset, I hold/ hug them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Oct. 25, 2008