no movement?

I'm 22 weeks with my first child, and I haven't felt any movement yet. None whatsoever. I know everyone is different, but has anyone else dealt with this? I'm not even feeling the butterflies everyone talks about.

kristen.ream

Asked by kristen.ream at 11:02 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Does your doctor think everything is okay? Do you know where your placenta is at? If it's in the front, I think that can stop you from feeling kicks as early as other people do. Some people just feel theirs later. I think if you don't feel it by 24 weeks, you should see your doctor and ask for an ultrasound to make sure everything is okay. Good luck!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:08 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• With my first I never felt anything until I was 5 or so months along. But my second I was right around 4 1/2 months. So everyone is different. As long as your checkups have been going well it should be ok.
    lanckn

Answer by lanckn at 11:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I didn't feel anything until about 22-23 weeks. And mine didn't feel like butterflies, it felt like my stomach was rumbling to let me know I had to "go" to the bathroom.
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 11:18 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• with my first i hardly ever felt her move and with my baby now its like she is constantly moving!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 11:30 PM on Oct. 24, 2008