if your husband (or SO) told you right now that he wanted a divorce (or he was breaking up with you), would it come as a total shock? would you see it coming, even just a little? would you be relieved?

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 1:06 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• I would be blown away. I'm sure if it actually happened to someone, then they would probably have a six sense and see it coming.....
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:07 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I would be in complete shock and probably wouldn't believe it. We aren't having any kind of problems or issues that would even come close to making our marriage end...we're pretty damn happy right now!
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 1:17 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• id fall apart, if he wanted to leave, id probably try my best to put on a brave face but yeah, id def fall apart without him. The thing about marriage is that i have imagined myself with this man for the rest of my life. I plan to grow old wih him and watch our kids grow together.. and aside from that dream crashing down, id also be a bit scared. I think thats a drastic life change and would mean a whole lot of change heading my way. I rely on my husband alot.. hes helpful with the kids and house and is also the soul provider for our household.. im also pregnant with our second so i cant imagine embarking on this without my husband by my side. but i think my marriage is in a good place. I dont think my husband would leave me in a million yrs & i think the people this happens to have to have some sort of signs & see it coming.
    kp0469

Answer by kp0469 at 1:25 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I'd be at a total lost. We're happy. Moving into a new home. He was offered a promotion. Everyones in good health and we're waiting for baby #3, our first girl/last child to arrive. I would think it was a joke.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 1:30 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• He told me that earlier while we were arguing. We're still dealing with the ins and outs of a marriage and learning what things are better left unsaid. When he said it, yes I was hurt and a bit shocked....but I knew he didnt mean it. One day we'll both be in a place where crap like that wont come out of our mouths out of spite.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 3:04 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• how long have you been married 4xsthetrouble?

stressedmomma13

Comment by stressedmomma13 (original poster) at 3:06 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I wouldn't be surprised. He says it at least once a week during arguments. It hurts very much. I keep thinking he's going to say it any day now for real. I often wonder if he picks fights so he can find a reason to leave me. I really don't understand him anymore at all. I'd love to have a good marriage and at one point I felt like I had one. But I don't know where his head is at. I most certainly truly do not get him anymore. It is sad and terrible. I am hanging in just to see if things turn around but am preparing myself for him to end it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I would be shocked and very hurt. We have an excellent marriage relationship and friendship. I would take it harder than I did when my first love and I broke it off. I'd become a recluse and return to depression and cutting to deal with it all. There's no way in hell I'd handle it well at all.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:41 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• with this DH total shock...with my ex it was seen coming...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 4:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• We've been together for 9 years now.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 8:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2010