Why I'm Voting Democrat

This is a trending topic on twitter that I thought I'd bring to cafemom. Start with Why I'm voting Democrat(or other)and state your reason(s). Please do not vote down anyone for their opinions(saying that was a waste of time). Let's be grownups and listen. You might learn something.

Why I'm voting Democrat-Because I'm too wise to blame Obama for being unable to erase in just two years a mess that took 8 years to make.

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 1:16 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• haha I agree with you. to tired to comment further sorry
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:19 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• **shakes head**
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:21 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I agree ....but it is late and I figure that any positive remarks I make about Obama will be ignored or belittled by the Conservative witchy women here at CM.
    Lets just say that I am happy to be a Democrat and glad I voted for our President,'G'night.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:22 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• .but it is late and I figure that any positive remarks I make about Obama will be ignored or belittled by the Conservative witchy women here at CM.
    __________________________________
    yes, lindalu, we know you are all chocolate bars and rainbows. Sweetest thing in the world.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:31 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I am voting democrat because I have grown sick and tired of the republican party's lies, twisted "facts" and hate-mongering. I have grown tired of their intolerance towards anything that goes against their ways of thinking.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 1:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I think the question should be..."Why, after all that has gone wrong in the past 4 years, I am NOT voting Democrat."

Seriously, name ONE thing that has ACTUALLY benefited ALL of the residents of this country since 2007, while DEMOCRATS have maintained the majority of Congress (you know, since THEY are the ones who actually write and vote on the bills for the president to sign or veto)?!

(And since ObamaCare hasn't been fully implemented, you can't say that has been a benefit, or a benefit that EVERYONE wants/needs)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

***

You know, the "funny" thing about DEBATING, is that you need to be able to SUPPORT your rants with FACTS, not just your opinions!! I have plenty of opinions that are based on FACTS, and can support my arguments! Sometimes other posters say it better than me, and I just give a "high five" to them, but at least I am able to argue my point/opinion--and without going in and out of ANON!!! Can you say the same, GertieLu?! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:43 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Oops! Let me answer the OP's question!!

I'm voting because....

* I believe a President who has never worked in the private sector, who surrounds himself with people who mostly haven't worked in the private sector will have the BEST ideas on how to fix the private sector.

* I believe when I;ve tried to fix a problem by throwing money at it(like the tripling of education funds since 1970) and the problem isn;t fixed, the answer isn't that my ideas were bad, it's that I didn't throw ENOUGH money at it!

* I believe that the best way to win a war is by telling your enemy the date you plan to leave, so they can just wait you out.

* I believe the best qualification for Supreme Court justice is what gender or ethnicity you are, not actually serving as a judge on a lower court.

* I believe the best people to decide my health care are the same people running the post-office and the Department of Motor Vehicles!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:51 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• That response is getting so damn over-used. It took more than 8 years to create the mess we're in... and Obama isn't doing anything to fix it.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:17 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• There is no other option on the table, the republicans are a joke, The candidates they backed lost their own primaries to a bunch of psycho paths. I would never vote for people like Mike Pence, Sharon Angle, or Christine O Donnell or even Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich, Mike Huckabee or John McCain (maybe if he was the SAME as 2000 McCain) ....and they are what was put forth as their BESt..

So I will stick with (mostly) dems ....there is one local republican that I always vote for ....everyone else DEM...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:19 AM on Oct. 6, 2010