circumcising

I found out this little baby growing inside me is a boy today. So I want to know what everyone thinks about circumcising. My husband is not circumsized. We havent talked about it because I think he thinks I dont like his penis. So I wanted to know what you ladies think!

Photobucket

Photobucket

kbond21

Asked by kbond21 at 1:19 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i circumized my first child ... just following what I know to be normal... but when he came back the nurse was stupid and when she was showing me how to clean him i swear to god i wanted to knock her the hell out. i am debating doing it with my second.. i did research and did not like what i found... how they do it.. how they hold down the baby. it makes me feel faint right now.. I am 23 weeks with my second child...
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 1:24 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My son is not circumcised. I felt it was his choice to make.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:45 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I will probably not circumcise my son. It seems archaic and cruel.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 1:58 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My first two boys are circumcised and I am about to have my 3rd boy and planning to circumcise again. I am from Europe where we do not circumcise. But I am married to and American who is circumcised and we decided together that it was the best decision for our boys since we live here in America and we don not want them growing up feeling different than other boys and their father. I also, do not like the process and how they do it, it scares me and makes me sick to my stomach but I feel it would be best if they were versus not being circumcised.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 4:19 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My son is NOT circumcised. I did TONS of research on this subject because all the men in my family and my husband are all circumcised so it was the normal thing in my family. I talked to my husband about it and he began researching as well.

We found loads of information showing that circumcision is NOT necessary. It's now considered a cosmetic procedure and many insurance companies, including medicaid in many states, no longer covers the cost of it because of that reason.

There are MANY MANY myths surrounding circumcision. Many people say it's "cleaner," "causes less infections" etc. but the fact is those things simply aren't true and are often based on mistakes in caring for an uncircumcised penis.

DO YOUR RESEARCH. MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION!

I personally could not cut off a portion of my son's penis for cosmetic reasons when it's not my penis. If he wants to be circed later he can. It'll be HIS choice.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 4:20 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Also the amount of boys NOT being circed is growing everyday and is already at nearly 50% according to an article I read last year so that mean that there will be PLENTY of little boys that are not circed. He won't feel weird. I think that's a silly reason to chop off the end of your sons penis. JMO.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 4:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I'm in the UK and it's not a popular thing to do here so I won't be doing it with my baby and my 3yr old also hasn't had it done, it's only generally done here for medical reasons.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 4:44 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I did my boys. Easier to keep clean and less chances of infection, but that is your choice. Not everyone does.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 8:31 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I did for my first son. & felt really bad & didnt want to at first. BUT im glad i did & i will be doing it for this baby also.. I just dont want my son growing up and being made fun of when he gets to his stages.. I dont want him thinking he is different in any way..
    aangelmommie03

Answer by aangelmommie03 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2010