Ok answer me this

Say a friend of yours isn't hanging out with you, although you are invitingh er to the park at 8am 9am. Her husband just deployed, she just got off of her birthcontrol and as a result her body is giving her pregnancy syptoms *morning sickness, mood swings etc...* but she isn't really pregnant and knows this. Her kids don't sleep very well at night so she doesn't get up at 8 am 9am. She has alot of headaches and gets sick alot. Also when she was in your housing complex didn't stop by to say hi because she had a few errands to run and things ran late. Say your friend doesn't do mornings, because of said lack of sleep. How would you feel towards her? Also say that you are actually pregnant and your husband isn't deployed and your kid is so hyperactive that every minute of thei day HAS to be planned or else they are just destructive, also because your kid is so destructive he has to be locked in his room at night and for timeouts.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I'd know that she's a busy mom as am I and hopefully we can find timeto hang and if not I'll understand.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 1:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I'd say don't be so pushy and in your face to her. She sounds like a stressed out lady who needs some time off, but will never get it. Speaking as a mom of Autisitc boys, I can relate. Getting up early and sacrificing sleep is the only time its quiet in my house for me to think. Its chaotic the rest of the time.

I'd also say its not fair to judge someone until you've lived their life and know what they are going thru. Its not personal to you. In fact I bet she'd love to be able to concentrate on her friendships even more, but she can't do much about it. Kids with conditions have to be taken care of in a different way and can't just be dropped off at traditional daycare centers. She's probably feeling more lonely than you realize.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:07 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• you are pushy! Has your husband ever deployed? If not getoff your high horse, and suck it up! You my dear are not a friend to any military wife, you are way to slefish and lacking in understanding!~
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Maybe you need a hobby. Just sayin'. You can't make your friend your hobby.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I'd say that my friend and I had different loads to carry. As a mom, I'd recognzie that even though our challenges are different they are still challenges. I wouldn't worry about her inability to get together. I'd sympathize with her stress level and leave it open ended - as in "When you want to get together, just let me know. I do need a little heads-up though so I can prepare DS."

I have a hard time time with a chaotic full-plate and friends without kids that just don't get it. The last thing I need is a fellow parent that wants to have a pissing contest over who has it worse or who is frustrated with me for not being able to accomdate her plans for us.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:23 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• sounds like you are not really friends at all. your whole parenting style is different and it also looks like you have little in common. Perhaps you need to seek out moms more like you?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:27 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Without trying to be rude, how about you put yourself in her shoes? Seriously, you know she doesn't get a good nights sleep so why are you inviting her to the park at 8-9am? That makes no sense. I have a child that doesn't sleep well and if someone who was supposed to be my friend was inviting me to go hang out in the early morning I'd tell her 'no' too. Go find some new friends who are up early and ready to go play at the park at 9am.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:25 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I would say people need to realize when they are being brushed off and handle it like an adult.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 5:08 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• I would offer her some help.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:33 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• Thank yu all for your comments :) I have been going through alot and a friend of mine just freaked out on me and basically put herself on a pedastal and pointed out all my parenting faults. I don't do mornings lol, I can't atm I am not sleeping well and my man is deployed and whatnot. I asked it from her point of view *or what I can picture it as* because I was puzzled as to if I was really a bad mom and really needed to suck it up as she put it.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:27 AM on Oct. 13, 2010