Does Daniel 10:14, 20-21 talk of time travel?

I know it sounds like a stupid question.. but this is my first time reading Daniel and its kinda hard to understand. But the way I read it, an angel is telling daniel that he is fighing a battle and came to tell daniel about the future?

Please, please correct me if im way wrong. I really want to understand the bible. Thank you so much.

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 1:34 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, it doesn't refer to time travel, but Daniel, being highly favored for his loyalty and faithfulness, was privileged to have a angel come to him to reveal information about future events, partly converning the march of world powers from nebuchanezzar's time and into modern times. Daniel's prophecies are quite interesting, to say the least. There is an excellent book our congregations around the world studied a few years ago, "Pay Attention to Daniel's Prophecy!" It provided a verse-by-verse discussion of the book of Daniel. Loved it! If you desire a copy, you may be able to get one. Please see the link below:

http://www.watchtower.org/e/publications/index.htm
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 1:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• The war that was going on was in the heavens. It was the Prince of Persia who is of the dark side. Michael the Arch Angel was growing weary and an angel who had a message for Daniel from God stopped to help him. That's why he thanked Daniel for praying. It gave him the much needed strength to win. If you'll read in Ephesians 6. It talks about us wearing the Full Armor of God because we war not against flesh and blood, but rather against darkness, principalities in high places.

Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 5:31 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• IDK... but Bill and Ted do!! LMAO!!!
    Sorry... I couldn't resist! :)
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 1:41 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• lol touche. But I am very curious about daniel :)
    stenhouse_baby

Comment by stenhouse_baby (original poster) at 1:42 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• The book of Daniel is a book of prophecy. Daniel was in captivitity in Babylon and was visited by angels or heavenly creatures who gave him visions of the future and prophecy. So not exactly time travel tho.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 2:47 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• That makes sense. Also, the student bible that Im reading says the "evil king" that the angle is referring to already exisited. I am a bit confused if any part of Daniels prophecys apply to our time, the future, or if they have all already come into existance.
    stenhouse_baby

Comment by stenhouse_baby (original poster) at 2:59 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• It doesn't sound like time travel to me. He was visited by the Archangel, Michael, and given a vision which made him physically weak and then the Angel helped him understand the vision and gave him back his strength. Many people today still have visions of the future including myself but we don't travel through time.

BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 3:12 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• They just did a movgie about the Prince of Persia. I was a little nervous about going until my husband told me that the movie wasnt about demons per se.
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 8:58 AM on Oct. 6, 2010