At a total loss

I recently asked a question regarding a friend and how she has change after getting involved with this guy. Well tonight I called her and as we were talking she in a "by the way" kind of way told me "I have to tell you something before you read about it on facebook...I'm getting married." This blew me away because she has only been with the guy and only knew him a couple of weeks. I must admit I got pissed. Not because she of her wanting to marry this guy but because of the way she told me. I mean everything has been so weird with her. She cancels plans at the last minute or hides and makes up stories about it later, she hasn't been in touch with any of the people she was in constant contact with before she met him, among other things that is so not like her. The reason I am pissed is because how can she tell me something like that in that way and after she already posted it on facebook? And then had the nerve to tell me

Cheveyo1

Asked by Cheveyo1 at 1:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• It actually sounds like the guy she is with is trouble. I don't think there is anything you can do though. The best advice I have heard about situations like that is to just be supportive as possible, if it falls apart with him, she will still have you as a friend to turn to.
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 12:46 AM on Oct. 8, 2010

• At this point, she sounds like a lost cause. Talk to her only when you need to. When she asks you why, be straight with her and tell her everything that's bothering you and that you're worried about her.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 9:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• what "my" part is. Not to mention just like that canceled our spiritual trip because that month we were suppose to go is the month he wants them to get married. Shat the heck is going on? What should I do?
    Cheveyo1

Comment by Cheveyo1 (original poster) at 1:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• She's being rude and you're being whiny. Stop talking to her, she will come to you when she gets things straightened out if you can't handle talking to her now.
    .JessicaRabbit.

Answer by .JessicaRabbit. at 2:13 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• you may see it as whinny so obviously you never had a friend that went through a few very bad situations with men and/or family. It is not a good thing to see someone you care for in pain and seems to be heading down that path yet again
    Cheveyo1

Comment by Cheveyo1 (original poster) at 9:30 AM on Oct. 6, 2010