What are you doing with the kids' Halloween candy?

My 20-month-old is already practicing her "trick-or-treat" face - she's so excited for trick-or-treat this year, but I don't want her eating all that candy. I don't eat candy myself, and I'd feel bad just throwing it all away, but I doubt there will be anyone to give it away to after Halloween. Any suggestions on what to do w/all the candy?

baenglishwc05

Asked by baenglishwc05 at 11:05 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in General Parenting

• I pick out few and send the rest to my hubby's job. Lord knows I don't need all that candy!
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 11:07 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• take it to work. donate it to a shelter.
    But I'd be checking packages to see if they're from China and have milk powder, because you don't want to eat/give away anything that could *possibly* be tainted with melomine.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 11:12 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• my son is 8 and for the last 2 years he's managed to save his candy to the next year, lol. he always ask if he can have a piece of candy before he eats one. so last year i throw away his candy from the previous year. but this year i threw away his candy early cuz it was getting sticky. my 15 month daughter will trick or treat this year, of course she doesn't know what's going on but i may not let her carry a bag cuz she doesn't eat candy at all.
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• Most of that candy stays good for a long time, so I would put it up, and give it to her for the next few months. I like the work idea too.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:45 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• I will buy bags of candy and hide them in the house. Make my own goody bags for the kids. when they get home, I tell them to put aside their candy and I will check on them later. I will give them my goodies to them to enjoy, when they go to bed, I will throw out the candy they went trick or treating. I don't trust nobody out there.
    mrs.beautiful51

Answer by mrs.beautiful51 at 6:24 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I let my kids have one or 2 pieces after supper each day. It lasts a really long time. Just because you don't like candy, doesn't mean that your daughter won't.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 9:29 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• We all eat it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:41 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I personally will eat it all!!! In fact, I will be carrying my own bag for candy. But we will probably save some, and let her have a little once a month o r something.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:37 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• so we went trick or treating today and i let her have ONE piece of chocolate and she barfed - GROSS!!
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 6:43 PM on Oct. 25, 2008