Thank you cafemom users!

A few nights ago I posted to cafe mom to help my baby. She had a fever of 104. We had spent the night in the E.R. but her fever spiked when we got home. The on call nurse at that same hospital told me not to worry until her fever was 105.

This is my first child, and to be honest I don't know anything about fevers- whats too high, and what is reasonable. So thank you Cafe mom users. I appreciate your help and advice!

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 1:38 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Glad some were able to help ya!

Just to tell ya....when your child is older, say older than 2-5 years old....and they get a fever. Alternate between Motrin and Tylenol every 6 hours.

And a way to help bring the fever down is to place your child in the tub, with TEPID water....mostly lukewarm but a tad bit cooler.....and to use a wash cloth so the water goes from their head, shoulders.....they may shiver a little....but in a few minutes it will bring the fever down a little.......then you use the motrin and tylenol.....just be sure that if you used tylenol first, in 4-6 hours use the motrin next.

My friends Mom whom is a nurse in a doctors office and whom worked the ER for years told her that trick when a childs temp is over 102.0 and 103.0.

Just make sure the water is NOT freezing...make sure its a bit warm...you figure it out once you start.

Glad your baby is better Mama!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• bow down

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:41 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• welcome

4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 2:58 AM on Oct. 6, 2010