Why do some people use these words?

Say your are a procrasturnater and you know you will do whatever it is soon or whenever you get a wild hair up your ass.
Why "A Wild Hair" I don't get it (duh) sorry can some one explain this to me. I'd really like to know :)
Where did this come from I mean we do have hair around our anus area but I never thought of it to be wild...lol
Thanks Ladies!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I googled it and this is what I found:

It's actually "had a wild hare", as in a rabbit.

It's an American expression meaning to do something at the spur of the moment without really thinking, spontaneity. It originated from "had a wild hare up my ". If you had a wild rabbit in your backside... you'd probably jump without thinking. It most likely originated in the Mid-West where hare were commoner'n a fly on a horses' .. (and so was vulgar language). But as it was shaved down, it can now be used as "I had a wild hare to go to Vegas".
    AJ072506

Answer by AJ072506 at 1:57 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I've never heard that expression before. Maybe it's because I'm a New Englander?
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 1:48 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I'm a New Englander and have always heard it but I have no idea where it comes from.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 1:52 AM on Oct. 6, 2010