do certain awards become unavailable?

Someone just earned an award that I never received, although I am multiple levels ahead of this mom. Just curious if certain awards are only available certain times or for a certain period of time? or what kind of restrictions might be involved with certain awards?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in About CafeMom

• The homecoming queen award is only for level 30 something... (36 maybe, not sure....).
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:48 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• she got a "civic duty" award. She was on level 17, I am on 19, and I checked my awards and cant find that award. it was strange.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:53 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• You get Civic Duty when you vote up 500 answers..
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 4:34 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• As you earn awards new awards unlock. Everyone moves through the awards at their own pace and may push through some quicker than others. The award that unlocks civic duty is supporter, for voting up 100 answers.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:10 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I wanted to add there are awards that do become unavailable. The event awards are only available for that event. It will either be a special event like the stupid questions last week or it will so many question within a certain time period like the paper plates award
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:13 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• This--- The event awards are only available for that event. It will either be a special event like the stupid questions last week or it will so many question within a certain time period like the paper plates award
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:53 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Some awards you can't unlock until you've earned a lesser award in that same category.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• idk how this work myself really
    Coltsmommy2210

Answer by Coltsmommy2210 at 6:30 PM on Oct. 21, 2010