Lump on my babys stomach?

My 2 month old son has a lump on his stomach and I did research and by what I read it doesn't seem to be a hernia. Does anyone have a similar situation like this? I took him to the doct. and she said it's just a muscle but I don't know believe that. Just a concerned mama...

starbucks_mama

Asked by starbucks_mama at 11:21 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was concerned because my daughter had a lump by her belly button and i thought it was a hernia and when i went to the doctor he said that it happens a lot in babies and most of the time they will go away on their own by the time they are one and not to worry.
    burtney0921

Answer by burtney0921 at 1:26 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• where is the lump located? my nephew had an extended belly button when he was born, and it was REALLY ugly. it just stuck out really far and looked gross, but it went away by the time he was 1 1/2 years old
    baenglishwc05

Answer by baenglishwc05 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• tell the doctor to give your baby an x-ray to be on the safe side. because most of the time doctors will say everything is alright with u or ure kid because we're young but disease does not respect age, sadly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:43 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• My son has a hernia which comes out his belly button ( not cute ). My doctor told me ALOT of babies have this and it will go away on its own. She said that the only reason babies get it is bc their stomach muscles aren't strong enough yet and as they strengthen it will go away. My doctor also said that it doesn't hurt and proved it to me. Don't worry too much unless you can tell your babies in pain from it. Just keep and eye on it.
    DessaG20

Answer by DessaG20 at 11:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2008