if you have been divorced

what did you get in the settlement? were you awarded alimony? what did he do for a living at the time you got divorced?

*I got all the house hold stuff, he got the furniture. He kept the car, but gave me 10k so I could get one of my own. He also pays 500 a month for alimony, until I get remarried or 5 years which ever comes first. He was/is military.

*& for the record, I am not avoiding getting married just to keep getting the alimony. Quite the opposite, I can not wait to marry my DF.

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 2:27 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Alimony is not an option in every state.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:48 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• 6k plus everything, house, furniture, car, kid, he pays 500 in spousal support
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 9:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I won't be getting alimony - I make more than he does. But we are putting a clause in that I can get alimony IF I ever lose my job and am unmarried.

I asked him to move out so kept our place, but I pay all the bills, etc. He pays child support for our son. I am going to ask for half his 401K but that's literally all I'll get. Custody, we share and I'm primary. He took his stuff but left some as well. My car was in both our names so I leased a new car when I filed so it is in my name only.

rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:43 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• We are in the beginning process of divorce and I'm getting everything in the house (except the fridge) and the car that has been paid off. I will have primary custody of our two kids. I'm moving to my home state with the them. No alimony, but he will be paying child support.

He told me three months ago that he was gay and his new partner has "everything I need" (his words).
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 10:34 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• We sold our home, split the equity 50/50. We split our material items as close to 50/50 as we could. I received very little of his retirement. I do not get spousal support. Our child support is based on our state's calculator and what each of us is earning at any given date; which means I could be paying, or he could, based on the job situation.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 1:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Nothing for nothing, left nothing! I was free. That in itself was priceless! I made my way b4 he came and I knew I'd be fine once he left. Turns out he was still married to his ex-wife! I'm married again. On Monday it will be 30 yrs. and God gave me the greatest give of love in this man who loves me unconditionally!
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 11:15 PM on Oct. 8, 2010