Should we fly to San Francisco or fly? Pros and Cons listed below..opinions please.

my SO, 23 mth old DD and myself are going to San Francisco from LA. We also wanted to stop by Yosemite National Park for a day here comes the issue, the drive to Yosemite is approxiametly 8hrs (thats if weather is good). we want to hike for one night then leave next day to San Fran which is about 4 hrs.We are NOT using our car in San Fran, only their transit system. Our whole trip is from Oct. 25-29.
Pros of driving:
*nice road trip
*get to go to yosemite

Cons of driving
*we have an SUV which means lots of gas being used (more money being spent)
*San Francisco we have to pay a fee of $50 a day at our hotel for our SUV
*long drive in a short period and our DD might not be able to handle it.

If we fly its a total of $200 roundtrip for all of us. we dont have to pay for parking and just incur the small fees of the transit systems instead. But we wont go to yosemite anymore. i figure we can save YNP for another trip.

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 2:29 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think I would FLY. Why spend the added expense of an SUV in a hotel??? Use that for transit as you say, or taxi to where you need to go.

Not to sound like a smart a$$...but ya can hike the streets of San Fran! I know the streets are hilly!( never been but Whew! they ARE steep!!!!!

Ok.. so no pretty vistas of the Yosemite...just the view of San Fran..but then you can save up for another trip in a few months/year and when your daughter can handle the hike too.

What ever you decide, have a nice safe wonderful visit!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:30 AM on Oct. 6, 2010