Should we drive or fly to our vacation destination? Pros and cons listed below...

my SO, 23 mth old DD and myself are going to San Francisco from LA. We also wanted to stop by Yosemite National Park for a day here comes the issue, the drive to Yosemite is approxiametly 8hrs (thats if weather is good). we want to hike for one night then leave next day to San Fran which is about 4 hrs.We are NOT using our car in San Fran, only their transit system. Our whole trip is from Oct. 25-29.
Pros of driving:
*nice road trip
*get to go to yosemite

Cons of driving
*we have an SUV which means lots of gas being used (more money being spent)
*San Francisco we have to pay a fee of $50 a day at our hotel for our SUV
*long drive in a short period and our DD might not be able to handle it.

If we fly its a total of $200 roundtrip for all of us. we dont have to pay for parking and just incur the small fees of the transit systems instead. But we wont go to yosemite anymore. i figure we can save YNP for another trip.

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 2:31 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Travel

• I would fly so that you have more time at your destination. Say YNP for the next trip since you are not that far from it. Have fun!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:50 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• gas is expensive and there's always the risks of accidents and car repair.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• oh ya, and wear and tear on the car.
    Zoeyis

• I would fly.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:31 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• fly
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:11 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• With your daughter being as young as she is, I would just fly. We flew when my daughter was 18 months old from San Diego to St. Louis. It was much easier than driving. Long-ish road trips are easier when they're older.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:14 AM on Oct. 9, 2010