hi i need your advice...

hi i have a son of age 2.6years. please guide me how to handle his tantrums and how to train him to listen to my instructions.. I am a working mother and i have to drop him to the day care and then i go to my office. he stays thr till 8 hours and then i pick him n take him to home... he goes to sleep and wakes up in the morning. As he gets less time to spend with me so he shows unwillingness to go to the day care. He gives me a very tough time to change him clothes and diaper, to make him have his breakfast and to take shower. He does so just to waste time so that i don't take him to the day care. Due to his attitude i am getting late every day. I m afraid i don't lose my job.... please advise how to manage my kid...

Asifa

Asked by Asifa at 3:11 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• he is probably acting out because he hardly sees you. Try not to get frustrated with him when he does not listen, he is only 2 after all. Try to catch the tantrum before it get out of control. Get on his lvel, & talk through the problem & redirect him to something else. Or offer him a choice. "if you can talk to me in a big boy voice, you can do this with me after you do that I asked" (it can be anything from playing with cars to having a snack or whatever) if he does not comply, send him to time out. You have to have reasonable expectations for him, sometimes we expect too much from young children who are just trying to get used to the world & want to explore & test tier boundaries. But it is also important that we do not over punish. Be patient & consistent, & it will get better. Good luck.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 3:32 AM on Oct. 6, 2010