hi please help me....

hi i have a son of age 2.6years. please guide me how to handle his tantrums and how to train him to listen to my instructions.. I am a working mother and i have to drop him to the day care and then i go to my office. he stays thr till 8 hours and then i pick him n take him to home... he goes to sleep and wakes up in the morning. As he gets less time to spend with me so he shows unwillingness to go to the day care. He gives me a very tough time to change him clothes and diaper, to make him have his breakfast and to take shower. He does so just to waste time so that i don't take him to the day care. Due to his attitude i am getting late every day. I m afraid i don't lose my job.... please advise how to manage my kid...

Asifa

Asked by Asifa at 3:12 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You need to get up earlier and start getting yourself ready. He wants more time with you and you aren't giving him the extra 10-15 minutes that he wants with you. I am a working momma also and I have my DD in daycare for 7-8 hours a day but when i pick her up i make sure when we do get home i sit down and play with her for 15-20 minutes before i get dinner started. It makes things easier to get though dinner, tubby and bed time. In the morning my hubby most of the time brings her but he also will give her 15-20 minutes of play time with him. What you need to do is just start your day earlier or give your child some of your time at night when you all get home.

There's an article in the parents magazine this month it's under "Witching Hour"

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:49 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• You get up earlier, do what you have to do to get ready. Than wake him up, even if its earlier then you normally would play with him for awhile, read a book, then give him a bath get him ready and let him know. When mommy comes to pick you up today. we will go do.... (read a book, go to the library, go to the park) he just misses his mommy. It should make it a little easier on you.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• It sounds like he just needs more time with mommy, honey. He misses you :( How late do you guys get home from work? Could he stay up an extra 1/2 hour with you & you guys play games? Do you try to have him bath in the morning? Maybe try that at night to free up some morning time. And maybe make sure to spend good quality play time with him on weekends too. Its hard being away from mommy when she's all you want to be with.
    MamaBloom777

Answer by MamaBloom777 at 3:02 PM on Oct. 6, 2010