How do you get rid of facial hair? Upper lip hair?

Also, at what age did you first notice it? Feel free to respond ANON if you want.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Waxing, Tweezing, Depilatories, Shaving, Laser and the only permanent one is thru Electrolysis. I have had hair on my lip/chin since I was a teenager. I have done it all except Electrolysis. Laser only last about a 1-2 years and it all came back like I never did it. It need to be kept up but it is costly. Electrolysis is more painful and still costly during the treatments but once you are done the hair is gone for good. I am just not brave enough for needles in my face and you need to make sure you find someone who is experienced because it can cause scarring.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 5:51 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I shave it. I've done it for years. I don't have a lot but it's brown, so I think it's noticable. Waxing or plucking gives me pimples, and it hurts.
    toobigfrogs

Answer by toobigfrogs at 6:17 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i have my upper lip waxed every 5 weeks at my hair appt. - my 5-year-old granddaughter first noticed my "mustache" while we were on a family vacation at Myrtle Beach (i must have been about 52 years old at the time - well, parker (5) yelled out, at the top of her voice, to her mommy, "mommy, mimi has a mustache " - you can imagine my poor dil's embarrassment - lol - the whole bunch of people around us got a good laugh out of it - including me - when we got home, i started waxing my upper lip - my facial hair is not noticeable so i leave it alone - i guess i'll wait for parker (now 14) to mention it to me - roflol
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 6:47 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• my mom and grandma use wax every few weeks. I have a tiny bit of peach fuzz on my face but I know if I were to start waxing it would make it so I would HAVE to do it and I don't want to.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:39 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• If I needed to, I would choose a permanent option.
    Radarma

Answer by Radarma at 11:03 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• If you can't afford a permanent option, wax it baby!!! When you wax, it pulls the hair out, root and all. Which means that after awhile it stops growing back like it used to. Pretty soon you will notice your "mustache" is lighter in color and less and less hair is growing in. I wax my eyebrows and my upper lip. I have to do my lip probably every 2 months and that's just cuz I hate the peach fuzz. When I first started waxing my lip I would be embarrassed if I had to go 4 weeks without waxing. I had a unibrow and a mustache, not cute when your 14. So I started waxing and now it seems like forever in between waxes. So WAX, WAX, WAX!!! It's really the best way to go.
    jesgirl83

Answer by jesgirl83 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• wax
    Layan82

Answer by Layan82 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• wax
    MamaHardy2008

Answer by MamaHardy2008 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• waxing, a few tweezer-plucks inbetween. sometimes i'll shave my cheeks and jawline...it doesn't actually make the hair grow in thicker, you just think it does, because as it grows back, your face is not smooth and hairfree. also, when you shave, you are making a blunt cut on the hairs, so when it grows back out and shows, it will have a 'sharp' edge to it..what we call 'stubble'. waxing pulls it from the root, so there is no edge to feel.
    threading is good, too. lasering kills the root, hopefully; however, the technology we currently have only reads 'color', so lasering doesn't work on very light or white hairs. and its not 100%, either. lasering works better on some people, and not so much on others.
    whatever you choose, if you get used to the hairfree look/feel, it will really bug you to have the hair grow back,especially if you wear makeup/facial powders.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:04 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i use nair every couple weeks
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2010