Anyone regret getting a divorce, or wish their parents would have tried harder?

clackamasmom

Asked by clackamasmom at 11:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• I regret letting someone go but I was young and stupid but the choice was good at the time but I know now that we could've tried harder and it would have worked out but I'm so glad my mother got away from from my dad he was very abusive and he stole from me and my siblings. He's the definition of a dead beat father!
    motherofzander

Answer by motherofzander at 12:00 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Thanks for being honest.
    clackamasmom

Answer by clackamasmom at 12:02 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• My parents divorced when I was five. I don't remember them being together as a couple at all. To be completely honest, it wouldn't have worked even if they'd tried harder. They wouldn't be the people they are today if they would have stayed together, and I don't think my brother and I would be the people we are today either.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:26 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I was 10 when my parents divorced...my dad cheated on my mom when she was 3 months pregnant. He stayed with the "other" woman up until recently (15 years) and had another child with her. My dad regrets everyday what he did to my mother and his original 3 kids. I do think my parents are two different people though, however, had my dad not come out and told my mom he had cheated on her and just left it alone and really worked hard at the relatioship, I think us kids would have still turned out well without some of the emotional issues we each picked up from the situation~ Me: Rejection, My brother: Stays with girls out of loyalty even if they are stepping all over them, My sister: Has to find a daddy in all the men she dates.
    TheDragn01

Answer by TheDragn01 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I was 6 when my parents divorced and I am greatfull they did. I have a relationship with each one but no that life is so much better with them apart.
    moma22angels

Answer by moma22angels at 7:24 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• i wish my parents would divorce, they fight constantly, they hate each other and continously drag me into it to which i'm moving 200 miles away and still can't get far enough from it. Everyone has issues from one thing or another whether it be divorced parents or parents not divorce that hate each other or something totally different, it can still cause problems or you could not be affected by it all. If my parents would just divorce and move on, then they might spend hte rest of their lives happier and not killing each other and i would be much happier.
    kstn415

Answer by kstn415 at 8:46 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I wish my parents tried harder after dad was gone I went from a/b student to using drugs having a baby young it was hard but I think if parents try after a divorce it helps
    Anonymous

• Well, my mom didn't accept cheating at all. She have 3 marriages, and none worked out. I am afraid I am going to the same road. She took care of 4 girls all by her self, none of the dads helped her with child support. We had a very hard financial life, but she did it! We all went to the school,2 finished high school, none did drugs or got pregnant as a teenager. She sure is very hurt till this day. Because she hold all the heating on her heart, the guys all pass out, and she still is alive. I wish she could let go the bad feelings and be happy, but I guess is to late. Now my hubby cheated on our family, and I decide to get divorce, I will do my best to not keep bad feelings like my mom did. And hopelly God will bless my family and my girls grow up out problems.

Anonymous