Has anyone ever made mean comments to you about being pregnant?

I was in Lowe's and I walked by these two guys and one said LOUDLY to his friend "My God she looks horrible." I whipped around and said "Excuse me?" He answered "Oh sorry, I just don't find pregnant women that attractive." Mind you, this guy was fugly and a tubbo on top of that. I said "Nor am I attracted to men who LOOK pregnant but you don't see me running my mouth about it do you?". Anybody else have an experience like this???

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 11:59 PM on Oct. 24, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I parked in Stork parking at 5 almost 6 months preggo to go in and get medicine that was being filled for me because i was sick, and as i was getting out of the truck a car pulled in across from me, and not that i judge anyone but this lady was as wide as the car, and then proceeded to put a note on my vehicle that said "stork parking is for new and expecting mothers not fat lazy people"...excuse me bitch you are the fatass that parked there and made your husband get out...baby's daddy called and had one of his friends re-view the camera in the parking lot that is how we new it was her.!! she wrote it on the back of the receipt and now it is in Maryssa's baby book.. :)
    brice08

Answer by brice08 at 12:47 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Wow that's a pretty bad experience! I'm sorry that happened to you. I felt self-conscious when I was pregnant because of how damn big I got. I know that behind my back people were saying things like "she's as big as a house". But eventually you have the baby, lose the weight, and its all forgotten.

Next time it happens, give the fat slob a kiss ...
    MomJoy5

Answer by MomJoy5 at 12:03 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• That's terrible! Very, very funny response though, good for you, I probably would have just felt bad and not told the guy off. I never had anyone say anything like that to me. People can be so rude though.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:04 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I gained was REALLY swollen during my pregnancy due to preeclampsia and everytime i saw my grandmother she would tell me i was just fat....knowing i was freaking preggo!!
    JessicaF1120

Answer by JessicaF1120 at 12:10 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• =O What an asshole!

Unfortunately, the most horrible comments have come from my own mother. She keeps telling me how happy she'll be when I'm like 38 weeks and totally fat and huge...just so she'll look smaller than me for once.

Yesterday, I wore one of my favorite zip-up hoodies. It looks really cute on me with my baby bump. It was cold outside, so I zipped it up on my belly so the baby would stay nice and toasty. My mom said "Well now you just look fat, not pregnant."

Thanks mom...for nothing.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:20 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• ew i dont understand how ppl can be so mean. i was in my last year of high school a lutheran school none the less when i got pregnent so i had a lot of ppl mainly girls and the faculty talking about me most of it was behind my back but i can remember the worst thing that was said to my face was my dean told me i should be ashamed of my baby and myself then i got suspended for 3 days cuz of the schools policy.
    kaydensmommy08

Answer by kaydensmommy08 at 12:33 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I don't look my age (or anything close to it), so I didn't get rude comments, but I got TONS of stares and whispers when I was preggo with my daughter. I was 21 and had just gotten married... Apparently their eyes work well enough to see the belly but not well enough to notice I'm married to the man standing next to me.

to caitxrawks: my mom said the same things... She wasn't laughing when I lost ALL my baby weight plus some within two weeks of delivery though.. She kept telling me, I would never lose the weight. Yea, well I guess my metabolism is a lot faster than hers. My sister turned 21 today and my mom told me yesterday she's finally down to her almost pre-preggo weight... Almost makes me feel bad about losing it so fast, and then I remember her telling me it would be funny when I "would get huge, fast"...
    RainShadow

Answer by RainShadow at 12:37 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Well, either he speaks before he thinks or he thinks from his ass which means he doesn't think at all! Sorry! about my language but this is a very emotional time for you & I'm feeling your pain!
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 12:43 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• i walking outside and heard some guy say to his friend damn shes knocked up.
    i got so mad,couldnt do anything i was so tired from walking,and i just didnt wana stop.
    =/
    but idk,it was pretty mean to me
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Here is a come back I used when I was preg. I may be fat but you are ugly and I can loose weight.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:28 AM on Oct. 25, 2008