Should baby daddy go to babyshower?

he will be the only guy there.

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 4:58 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would say yes, most definitely. If he wants to then let him be apart of the whole experience. If he doesn't want to go because he would be the only one then I personally wouldn't make him go. If you would like him to be apart of it somehow have someone videotape it for you. My first two baby showers we made it coed and involved all the men and they all really enjoyed themselves. Anytime there is a party with good food, beers/alcohol, cake and maybe some sports on tv men will most likely not turn it down...LOL!
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 5:19 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Its not "traditional" but by all means if he wants to go let him be there. I think that is awesome.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 5:39 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• if he wants to go and your ok with him going I dont see a problem, unless you want to make it for everyone male and female....
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 5:51 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• yeah, I do.

gender roles and stereotypes just need to stop. There's so many active dads and dads-at-home nowadays...this idea of Supermoms and moms doing it all is really a thing of the past.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:59 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Hey if he wants to go be glad. Alot of guys dont for some reason. Let him be a part of it. Idk understand why so many people think baby showers are just for mommies, when in truth they are for the baby. & Daddy helped make baby.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:22 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My baby shower was coed
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:35 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My husband came towards the end, for cake. Hey, that baby wouldn't be on it's way without his help!
    tracy0812

Answer by tracy0812 at 6:53 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• We had a Jack and Jill baby shower. Everyone was included and it was a lot of fun.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 8:06 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• my man went to our baby shower and even his mom was there so yes he should go and in my baby shower there were just as many men as there were women

have fun
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 8:10 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• With my youngest child (remarried, 'our" first, and 8 years after my last child), I had 2 showers, DH's family threw one, and my friends did. Both times, DH came toward the end and helped schlep presents and hang out for awhile. (He hung out with the guys during the showers) If he wants to be there, he should be there! If he doesn't, that's fine as well. I know many couples that have coed showers, in fact, a friend is due in March and her shower will be coed.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:02 AM on Oct. 6, 2010