I am going to SCREAM!!!!!!!! If I dont get help with my misbehaved 7 yr old daughter.

my daughter is a very bright 7 year old. And each age she gets better to get worse. Basically she doesn't listen for her own good. I told her that when she dont listen to her parents that she always have to listen to someone such as the police her Job and etc. I have expressed how important it is to her to LISTEN. In school and at home and to respect but she Just dont get it. Now if I let her have her way she acts good.. However I as a mother do not tolerate misbehaving in school. She is very close to being put out of school. This listening behavior that she has. Has been going on for a while. I have stuck with all punishments and so i would try something new. And there is a such thing as the police coming to your house for help( non-emgrecies). I have tried taking things, embrassement, spanking, corner with one leg up.And i have tried to encourage positive but she wont except it all. she will come home with a pink slip

MrzWil_1

Asked by MrzWil_1 at 6:07 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• have her tested for the Autism spectrum. She may have something that can be treated and make life happier for everyone.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:14 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yeah, she's acting bratty so let's hurry and dope her up on pills so everyone can be happy. Please.

More than likely she's just being bratty, like most children. I know it isn't widely accepted but have you tried spanking? At 7, I think it's too soon to pull out the cops... that'd probably just give her nightmares and make the nights worse for you.

Take heart though mom, we all know how it is to have a bratty kid... they all go through phases.
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 6:44 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I dont think zoeyis said anything about doping anyone up. She suggested getting some test run so you can rule things out. Which I would suggest as well. Its easier to deal with a child who has a short attention span when you know what your dealing with. There is a big difference between a "bratty child" and a child who has issues with controlling themselves.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 7:27 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Sit her down this afternoon and explain to her that there are new rules in your home. Every time she disobeys or disrespects, she will be spanked on her bare leg or bottom. Then, you follow through. You will have to spank her often at the first because she has become accustomed to being the one who makes you uncomfortable and she likes the feeling of power that gives her. I would get a small plastic flyswatter or a flexible ruler to use as my "instrument of discipline." If you will spank without anger and if you will do it consistently, you will see a change in her behavior. But please don't expect her to like it, because she absolutely will not like it one little bit!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:29 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Try taking away tv time or other things she likes to do. Also, I have a neighbor who takes away time until bedtime and it seems to work well for their elementary aged kids. When her child does something wrong she very calmly says, "you will go to bed 30 mins early tonight." If the child objects at all, it becomes 45 minutes, and so on. Usually the arguement is over very quickly. Be sure to coninue sticking to your word.

GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 8:11 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Also, have you tried speaking with her guidance counselor?
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 8:12 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• You certainly know what is the most important thing in the world to her........that is her "currency". Tell her the new rule is that will be taken away when she does not listen. Do it for an appropriate length of time, maybe 30 minutes to start, and BE CONSISTENT. Also, tell her to look into your eyes when you speak to her. She needs to make eye contact.
    Have a meeting with her teacher and come up with a plan to help her in school. She needs guidance. Get the school counselor or psychologist invloved. This certainly is not the first time they have dealt with this. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Didn't we answer this same Question yesterday?
    mellonhead

Answer by mellonhead at 9:19 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• You are obviously not being consistent enough if you say you have tried various things and they are "not working". It sounds like you try one thing and then another and another so she KNOWS that you are not going to stick with one thing. What you need to do is sit her down and make CLEAR expectations and consequences and rewards and then NEVER EVER back down on them. EVER. It can take a while for things to really settle in, but once she realizes you mean business, she will learn.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:28 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• talk to the school talk to her doctor and get the book 1-2-3 magic
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2010