What can I do for my daughter? Fever?

My daughter got her 2 month shots today & now has a fever I can't break. I tried children's Tylenol, but still she has a fever. Any suggestions?

kkinsey

Asked by kkinsey at 6:52 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How high a fever is it? I usually do nothing for a fever that is 100 or lower. As long as it isn't climbing. A fever is an indication that the body is fighting infection. Unless it gets high it isn't a terrible thing. You can also give her a lukewarm bath to help cool her off.

I would just let it run its course and keep an eye on her. Hope she feels better soon!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:12 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• thats all you really can do and lukewarm bath.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:28 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• childrens tylenol dosent work that well to me we have always used children's ibprofen works great but if her fever gets over 100 i would call the DOC ASAP and see what else you can do to help, i also agree with micheledo, giving her a luke warm bath may bring it down some, Hope she gets better soon, good luck!
    ncollins885

Answer by ncollins885 at 7:31 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• my little one had her 2 month old shots monday and ran a fever but it stayed around 100.3 i gave her tylenol a couple times but that was it she is doing good today
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 7:38 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Do NOT do NOT do NOT give a 2 months old ibuprofen! You need to call your doc if the temp is above what you were told. But it's perfectly normal to run a low fever for a couple days after shots. Keep her hydrated, snuggle her, love on her, but please do not give any ibuprofen (motrin)!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Its normal to run a lowgrade fever after shots. I dont even give tylenol until it gets over 102 because its considered lowgrade until then, unless hes miserable. If it hits 102 or you cant keep it down call your pedi. In the mean time, lotsa snuggles are in order :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:48 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Phew...good advice! My 2 month old just got her shots today and is running a fever (100.5), I gave her some tylenol and she is sleeping now, she feels cool and not so warm. I'll take her temp. after she wakes up. I was really flipping out when I took her temp the first time and it just kept climbing (plus she was screaming)!!!
    DanicasMommy729

Answer by DanicasMommy729 at 6:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2010