tummy time?

my daughter HATES tummy time. how can i help her to where she can stand it, even for just a little bit. i know its important.

kkinsey

Asked by kkinsey at 6:56 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• what's tummy time?
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:08 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• tummy time is when you put your infant on his or her tummy to help strengthen their muscles. It also starts the rolling over process. My son Hates this time too. I usually prob myself up with pillows alittle and have him on my chest. that way he is still using those muscles but it's mommy and him time also. I still try to do it o his own also but lay next to him and try to catch his attention with something (bright toys) so he gets distracted about being on his tummy, thats a 50/50. good luck!!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 7:42 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• oohhh, yeah we'd call him a turtle boy when he did that. He seemed to like it
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:52 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Try laughing her on your stomach for tummy time. Some babies prefer that.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• its very important!! they say if you do it by the time they are 5 days old they will not have issues at all....make sure you are always there obviously :) try fun toys or face to face laying with them
    Tasha T.

Answer by Tasha T. at 3:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I laugh my daughter on my tummy sometimes and she loves it and then I'll put a blanket down on the floor and put her on it with a pillow and some toys to play with and shes starting to like it more now and shes always rolling over its to cute.
    rosiesmomma2010

Answer by rosiesmomma2010 at 11:20 PM on Oct. 6, 2010