Smokers, are you seriously that lazy?

Just about every car has an ash tray. So why do you throw your cig butts out the window? Are you seriously that lazy that you can't put it out in your ash tray? Do you really need to litter the ground with your trash? Thats the equivelant of sitting by a trash can and throwing an empty pepsi can on the floor instead of in the trash. You wouldn't do it in your home, so stop doing it outside!

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 7:00 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't smoke but I'd imagine that they do it to keep the car from being dirty and also so that they don't have to put it out. True story: Last month my husband and I were at the drive through to get my daughter a happy meal (yes I'm a terrible mom ;) ) and their wood chips around the landscaping was on fire from someone throwing their lit cig out the window. My hubby poured my bottle of water over it to put it out and let them know but we both complained about the smokers who are that inconsiderate.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 7:04 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• the smoking butts being tossed on the ground really get me. I don't see what common sense is needed to put out the flames first at least (not to mention littering), just from a safety perspective.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:06 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• In some states its actually illegal, In Tn if a cop sees you doing it he can actually write you a ticket for it its only $10 but its the point. My ex's grandmother got one for throwing one out the window.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:12 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

•  I agree 100%  I am a smoker  trying to  not be one anymore,  and you are  correct there is no reason to throw that  nasty thing out the window , It starts  fires takes  years to dissolve, I hate when i see that!!!!  If  they do  not want the  nasty  thing  smelling  the car up  buy  one of those ashtray cups they  do help  so your car  wont smell as  nasty.  If you cannot do that  then do not smoke at all in the car. !! Just for we choose to pollute  our lungs  does not give  anyone the rite to pollute  our country!

SCMomof2kids

Answer by SCMomof2kids at 7:27 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I never ever smoke in the car.I only smoke outdoors and have been known to put my cigarette out and actually place it in my purse if I'm not near a trash can or something.I hate littering of any kind.I also hate it when people throw lit cigarettes out, because of the fire hazard.Very irresponsible!
    So,not all of us smokers are lazy :) Some people are just nasty like that.
    GingerKitten

Answer by GingerKitten at 9:39 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Well then there are those who do use the ash tray, only to dump it on the ground when full.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:03 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Actually, I'm a smoker. Down to 5 cigs a day - yippy! I use my ash tray... When I'm out n about I put it out and then put the butt pack in the pack... I Never smoke near families/children/ always in the smoking area... I guess I'm the courteous smoker.... I didn't even smoke when i heard the words ''Your Pregnant''

emily1230

Answer by emily1230 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I know--that is one of my biggest complaints. People toss cigs out and they are still burning. ANd, too, they just make the neighborhood look trashy,like a ghetto. I smoked for 35 years and I NEVER threw out a cig. I used ash trays and emptied them in a special can before I threw them out in the trash to make certain they were extinguished completely. Even when I bought a car with no ashtray, I kept an old empty pop can in my car for cigarette butts.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:13 PM on Oct. 6, 2010