Does you teen have a curfew?

and how do you enforce it?

I used to sneak back out (via my window) after my parents were asleep. To this day they don't know I did that.

Zoeyis

Asked by Zoeyis at 7:20 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• My children dont drive yet... so it makes things easier.

15 yr old - curfew varies based on what the plans are.... since a parent is driving there is no issue with broken curfews.

13 yr old - allowed to play out side with the fellas until 10:30... that is our towns teenage curfew. If he doenst come in by 10:30 he isnt allowed back out for a couple of weeks. He is a good kid and has never made that mistake.

As far as sneaking out... our kids are too afraid of the consequences to pull that with us. Besides... the house alarm tweets every time a door or window is opened.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 2:37 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• yes her curfew is 11:00 on weekends and 10:00 school nights
    Gena S.

Answer by Gena S. at 7:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yes, my 17 yr old dd has a curfew. Most nights it is 11:00 but once in awhile she can stay out until midnight. We enforce it by turning on the alarm as soon as she comes in. If she tries turning it off, it beeps with every number punched into the alarm panel and it beeps every time someone opens a door or window. It is right outside our bedroom next to the garage door so it wakes me up anytime it is messed with.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:27 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Oh, I should elaborate, she is only allowed to go out late on weekends. Week nights she is at home.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:28 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• 10:00 on school nights; midnight on weekends.
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 7:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Our kids curfew was 9 PM on school nights and they could only go out for school related activities. 11 PM on weekends.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:02 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yes, school nights ds (17 y/o) has to be in by 11:00 and weekends 12:30.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:11 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Woops.. forgot to say about enforcing...
    Actually, He's never missed curfew, so I'm not sure how I would handle it.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 8:12 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yep, whatever the curfew is for the city so i don't get ticketed or pulled out of my bed to go get them

Inheritingkids

Answer by Inheritingkids at 10:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My parents' alarm only worked on doors for some reason. If you opened a window the alarm didn't beep like it did for the doors.
    Zoeyis

Comment by Zoeyis (original poster) at 7:29 AM on Oct. 6, 2010