what to do about the girl i know?

so i am pregnant and so is she, we are due aday apart, my hubby introduced us, as i had just moved to his town and didn't know anyone. hes known her for years and thought we would get on well since we are both pregnant. we ment when we were both 12 weeks, now we are 30weeks. but she is starting to drive me nuts now.
mostly because she is 12 years older than me and got pregnant by sperm doner, i got pregnant by suprise. so you would imagine, she would know everything there is to do with preganancy,since she did want this. not her, so everyday she asks me things on it and then finds something to abese about, even if her doc says shes fine, she will still first text me about it for ages, then ring me and talk about it for ages and then when she sees me will talk about it again as if we never spoke about it already. i keep saying, your doc says your fine so whats your problem, but she will still think there is something wrong.

otoole

Asked by otoole at 7:33 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe tell her that she's a little smothering and now that you're getting ready for the upcoming changes and are really busy so she may need to give you a little breathing room.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:51 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Wait it out until after the babies are born. If her behavior doesn't change, then I would sever the friendship for a little while. Revisit about six to twelve months later to see if anything has changed. If/When questions are asked, just say you don't have anything in common with her that isn't motherhood related.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:14 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• not only that but then when i did my registery, she waited tikl i had mine done and then copied most of the things on it. i try not to let that bother me, thats her problem she has no mind of her own, but then she will say someone told her she shud have something on her reg and i will say i don't want it on mine and of course she will then copy me again, yet continue to talk about it, so im like then put the thing on if you want, i just don't want it. now im trying to keep my distance abit, but she texts me every morning and if i don't text back in time, she will text again and then eventually ring me. im ready to snap. specially now that the babies are due soon and god knows what she will be like then, ringing me all the time, compareing them. ahh. how do i get away from her with out beong nasty?
    otoole

Comment by otoole (original poster) at 7:38 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Obviously you do not welcome this friendship, maybe this is what should be said.

Answer by older at 7:46 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• at the start i thought she was ok, but as time has gone on, i really can't understand how her mind works. my husband says, she must be lonely and found someone who will listen and has clung onto it. how do you say it nicely thow? i don't want to be mean to her, but i don't want her hanging on to me all the time either and wreaking my head with dumb questions. if you only heard some of the things she goes on about.
    otoole

Comment by otoole (original poster) at 7:52 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Be patient and understanding. Just because she CHOSE to get pregnant doesn't mean she isn't any less afraid, nervous, etc. Maybe she has no one else to vent to. When she starts, let her vent a few minutes and then change the subject. Ask her if she has names picked out, what is she doing with the nursery, etc. Or talk about something that has nothing to do with pregnancy at all.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:04 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i am and iv run out of being patient. we have spoken abotu everything there is to do with the baby. but what she does now is find something to obese about, like this week its her weight. her doc told her she lost 3lbs, but he said it was totally fine and not to worry bout it. one of her other friends told her, its normal to happen at this stage in your pregnancy, then of course she spoke to me about it and i said well if your lookin after yourself and your doc is happy with everything then thats good. then later that day she texts me asking me should she be worried that she lost weight. i said no, unless your doc says you should. then she says that someone told her she should be worried and just wouldn't drop it. in the end i stopd texting back. why keep asking me soimething when i keep giving the same anwer? then she rang me to talk about it again. how more patient can i get?
    otoole

Comment by otoole (original poster) at 8:18 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• maybe find a mommy group that you can both join and she will find more friends than just you to talk to......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 6, 2010