I THINK IT CANCER? WHAT DO YOU THINK.................................

Me and my SO were talking yesterday and he told me he went to the hospital because when he sneezed and coughed blood came out. He immediately thought that he had cancer. The doctor told him he had a charred lung from smoking and the shortness of breath and gave him some prescription . He told me the doctor ran tests on him and he didn't have cancer. ( i DONT THINK HE ASKED ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT CANCER). But when I researched the symptoms online what he'd been experiencing they all point to lung cancer or lung tumor. MY GRANDMOTHER AHD BEEN SMOKING EVER SINCE SHE WAS 16 AND SHE DIED AT THE AGE OF 82 BUT NEVER ONCE COUGHED UP ANY BLOOD .What should I do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Relationships

• Wel, first of all don't panic. It could be other things as well. I would make another appointment with a Dr. and make sure that you both go together.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:24 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• sometimes the throat can get irritated from sinus problems and yes you can cough or sneeze blood. But I do understand why you would be worried. My Mom died from colon cancer and one of the first signs of it is blood (dark) in the stool and last year my little one started filling her diaper with blood and instantly I was terrified... was viral or bracteria infection.
    Try not to worry, but if the dr thought it indicated cancer he'd have rushed him in for x-ray's and further testing and definetely a blood test. If it would make you feel better, I'd ask him to do the test to ease your mind.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:30 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Usually its from a sinus or RI. If you cough hard, it breaks the little capiliaries in the throat and sinuses. If your doctor was concerned, he would have sent him for further testing. To ease your mind, have him get xrays and tests.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 9:19 AM on Oct. 25, 2008