Help me, before I ruin a good thing.

So, I have met this great guy, FINALLY. We have gone out to dinner 4 or 5 times and he always pays for it. When we get to my house, I thank him for dinner and we kiss goodnight, which is great, don't get me wrong. My question is: should i offer to pay for dinner or would he find this insulting? He's hard to read and not a big talker. Thanks for your help.

crazycatlady66

Asked by crazycatlady66 at 8:21 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Next time you go out, you plan on where to go and you pay. Tell him you're taking HIM out now. :)
    Gremlyn1980

Answer by Gremlyn1980 at 8:22 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• How about instead of offering to pay for dinner, you offer to cook him dinner?
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:22 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Before you go on your next date...invite him to go to dinner and in a light hearted manner mention that its going to be your treat. if he resists just tell him you want to do something for him.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:25 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yes but Finkette, the "do something for him" might result in a request that she isn't ready to fulfill! Let him know before you go out that you want to pay for the next dinner. Arrange this in advance because it's not worth making a scene in a restaurant.
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 8:35 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• The "do something for him" may also imply paying for or cooking dinner.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 8:54 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• How about cooking for him instead? Or you could be like, "Hey, let me get it this time, unless you really want to."
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 9:16 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• if your not ready to have him in the house for dinner what about making a pinic and going to a local park or some place you both enjoy....that way you get to "pay" for dinner and not have the something extra at the end of the night your not ready for.
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:59 AM on Oct. 6, 2010