Would you move if you thought your house was haunted?

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 8:27 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It depends. I once moved into a really old house in NH. It was a beautiful home, but the first night there I heard crying above me. I go to the third floor & I hear the crying louder. No one was up there. Well a few nights later my stepfather comes home & is drunk & being abusive to us. The lights start turning on & off, & the kitchen door FLYS open.... Well over the next few months we did research on the house & how to get into out that the room at the very top, it was a circle room in an old Victorian house. (we didn't know how to get into it. It was locked up not too long after the house was built & no one ever got into there since.) Turns out the house was one of the first house built in the town & was built & owned by a banker. His daughter went missing & was never found...... Give ya three guesses what we think happend to her.....

We stayed there for years. It was kind of nice having something to break out the abuse.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:11 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• =) We did end up getting into the room. There was nothing in there at all. We torn down a piece funny looking wall from the closet up on the third floor & it opened into a hallway... We got into the room & there was nothing in there. but it was really eerie & instead of being warm on the summer day it was really cold. We closed it back up & never went back in there.

The house my hubby & I stay in now, belongs to his mom, & freaky things have happened here. Im beginning to wonder if its the houses or if its just me.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 12:36 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• ABSOLUTELY!!
    luvmykidz037

Answer by luvmykidz037 at 8:29 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• It depends on the ghost. The house I live in now has a few ghosts that live with us. They are friendly and don't bother much so we don't mind them. If it were mean spirits that were trying to scare or hurt us, then yes I would move.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 8:45 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I myself and 'haunted'. I take the activity to what ever residence I live in. I'm used to- it's become part of who I am and how I live. Although there have been times when I was afraid, I have never been hurt by the 'energy'.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:46 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Nope. I had a ghost in the house that I grew up in, but I guess he was cool. No real problems from him. And when my husband and I bought a house, we had a ghost there (I nicknamed him Pedro, I don't know why, but I did) who liked to brew coffee at 3 in the morning. You would wake up to fresh coffee being brewed, and it would get stronger and stronger the closer you got to the kitchen, but there was no coffee. It was crazy. And I wasn't the only one that got woke up to that smell. My husband, both kids, and even my sister. Then I told her about Pedro. I don't think she ever slept there again after that.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 8:51 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I did. That damn thing hissed at my mom. I had both a witch and a pastor tell us it was a spirit of suicide. We did spiritual battle with it and got it out of the house but is ALWAYS came back. the people that live there now are suddenly a bunch of drunks.
    mhaney03

Answer by mhaney03 at 8:54 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i guess it would all depend on if it was scary haunted or just had harmless stuff going on, lol
    Becca_Sue_2005

Answer by Becca_Sue_2005 at 8:29 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I dont think so, I actually think the house i live in is a little haunted. Now if my family or I was losing sleep over it then I'd probebly consider it.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 8:29 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Depends on how bad it is. If it's a angry ghost then yeah, but if it just minds it's own business then no, I'll share my home,lol, I mean they were there first.
    iluvmyboys381

Answer by iluvmyboys381 at 8:31 AM on Oct. 6, 2010