Why Should We Take Part in Communion?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 8:55 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• If you are a believer is part of their ritual, I did it and my kids did it, but it was more of a family tradition than faith.

Answer by older at 9:00 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to His disciples, saying, 'Take and eat; this is My body.' Then He took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, 'Drink from it, all of you. This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in My Father's kingdom (Matthew 26:29)
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 9:04 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• To remember the sacrifice Christ made for us.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 9:10 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• communion, along with 'washing the saints feet', is a covenant with Christ, a remembrance of His time on the cross, and for me, an act of servitude towards my fellow brothers/sisters of the church, or the Body of Christ.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:28 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I believe its a symbol to remember Jesus and what he did. I would say, then, that one should partake if one believes in him and his message and our obligation to live according to his teachings.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I believe that it is literally the body and blood of Christ.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• "For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup you proclaim the Lord's death until He comes" I Cor. 11:26. Luke 22: 19 "...do this in remembrance of me" We take part as the aspostles did and remember the sacrafice that Jesus made for us.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 2:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2010

• It represents the teaching of Christ and accepting Him.
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 4:46 PM on Dec. 13, 2010