My son is 2 months old, and very endowed...Diapers chafe and make him sweat REALLY bad down there...What should I do?

I mean like seriously, he sweats bad...to the point where he is crying. The doctor doesn't even know what to do. B/c Im not trying to be gross but my kid is hung. I feel so bad when he is in agony.

Hezekiahs_mom

Asked by Hezekiahs_mom at 10:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I agree.. try a bigger diaper & change him REALLY often. I put boudreaux's butt paste under my little man's um.. "boy stuff" and all over his butt, then LOTS of powder. Using a bigger diaper gives them a little more room to "breathe". I hope you find a solution soon! Good luck!
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 12:46 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Is it just because he is hot? You could try a little baby powder, or corn starch if he is getting rashy. My girlfriend has a son who has a big one too, but she didn't have this problem. Maybe change him on a schedule, more often than normal. Or switch to cloth????
    Simonsmama

Answer by Simonsmama at 10:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Change more often, don't buy the cheapo brands. If he is "large" maybe the diaper you are using isnt big enough. Don't go by the weight. I never have. Use baby powder too. It will keep him dry.
    lnmauldin7

Answer by lnmauldin7 at 11:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2008