• In the Spotlight:

IS IT NORMAL FOR A 14 YEAR OLD BOY TO SLEEP IN SAME BED AS MOM?

HE IS MY STEPSON AND HE LIVES AT GRANDMAS HOUSE WITH MOM SHE PLANS TO MOVE ARIZONA BUT STILL AT THIS AGE FOR HIM NOT TO HAVE HIS OWN AREA EVEN THE FLOOR OR THE COUCH!?

realmom08

Asked by realmom08 at 12:38 AM on Oct. 25, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• I think that some woman is going to have big time MIL issues one day when this boy grows up. I think it creates an unnatural dependency. He needs his own space (think about natural teenage boy things like wet dreams) How screwed up will he be to have a sex dream with his mom sleeping beside him. The kid needs to sleep somewhere else!
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 8:46 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• You know--in the world today, we're quick to assume that it's inappropriate...but at the same time, it could just be a matter of not having room for another bed and Grandma trying to accomodate the mom and son without having to put someone on the floor or couch. Think of it as if it were you and your son. If clothed appropriately--it could definitely be a very innocent situation. Is there any reason that you would suspect inappropriate behavior on the mother's part?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• if theres no dad sharing the same bed then its fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• i slept in my mom's bed often until the day i got my period (i was 15). i don't think it scarred me. i'm obviously not a boy, but i don't think there's anything wrong with it.
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 1:03 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• if there is no harm done, when my mom go and visit my cousins they all sleep with her and they are in the 30' to 40' years everything is in the mind.
    oasisof4

Answer by oasisof4 at 2:04 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• whats wrong with it? nothing
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 12:09 PM on Oct. 25, 2008

• 14 is way to old to be sleeping in the same bed with mom, he needs to have his own bed or mom needs to sleep on the couch.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 25, 2008