experiences of the paranormal kind?

this is a spin off of the question 'would you move if your house was haunted' and i was really surprised to see a few people on here who have actually experienced such hauntings. i myself have only experienced it as a little girl in the house i grew up in, im an only child and the "guest" room i was always afraid of, because it was on the pool side of the house and never got any sunshine, and i when i left for school the door would always be wide open or shut closed, and when i got home it would be the opposite. my parents were always at work til 5. plus, i use to have night terrors while i lived in that house. not sure if you can connect that to the paranormal, but that's as close as i've come. but anyways, that question got me interested in other people's experiences with the paranormal. please share if you'd like!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:57 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I've written about my experiences numeorus times and so I'm just going to copy and pastesome from a previous response I gave:

Thi ss something that happened to me when I was five. I slept in a toddler bed on the opposite side of the room as my mother's bed. Well, this one night, after she turned off the lights and got into bed, there were a pair of blood-red eyes staring at me from under her bed. They didn't blink and they were very close to the ground. Well, I was literally almost peeing my pants and started screaming.

My mother turned on the lights and the eyes disappeared. she looked under the bed and there was absolutely nothing there- not even a dust bunny! She turned off the lights and right away, there they were, looking at me again.

continued...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:26 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• MANY! But I didn't move from a house that had paranormal stuff happening.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I've had many many experiences... The house I am in now is very active, and every house I've lived in had at least a residual haunting... I've had the "ability" to see and hear entities more than the average person and have worked with local investigators as well. The majority of my experiences have been benign but I have had a few which were quite terrifying. In fact in one of my old homes I was physically attacked while in the shower and ended up with both claw and teeth marks on my back and legs... However, really, that was the worst...  Most of my experiences are more along the lines of sightings or "conversations."

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:01 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I personally haven't had any, sorry to disappoint!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 9:06 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• The house we lived in when I was a teen was where I had my most scary experience. I had bunk beds and was sleeping on my back. I woke up suddenly and floating inches from my face (it was under the top bunk, so it had to be close) was a full apparation (I guess that's whta you would call it). He was a greenish fog and had definate features - I knew he was from the 50s by the hair and he wore that kind of jacket (couldn't tell you what was on the rest of him).  I was more scared then than I have ever been.  cont.....

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:08 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Just outside the door to that room my mom had also seen what she called a "mist man" but he was tall and burly and she said it was like he was made of mist, not green. It was only the back two bedrooms of this house (right across the hall from each other) where stuff like this would happen. Just a few years ago there was a huge tornado that wiped out most of the town, my parent's old house included. After it was gone, you could see the old sidewalk to another house that would have lead to the back of the house that mom and dad had. So, the part that was haunted was acutally built where another house had been. I have to wonder if that wasn't why only that part of the house was haunted.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:09 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i rented a house once, that i feel very strongly about, in this sense. there were several occurances i 'saw' a woman. sometimes, she'd look directly at me, and other times, i'd do a double take, and it'd be like she was embarrassed i caught her looking.
    a few other times, i would wake from a dead sleep, and i knew there was someone standing at my bedside, but it felt masculine, stronger than i. i never felt i was in danger, but still, the first time it happened, i was kinda freaked out.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:25 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• This only happened to me once, but here's the crazy thing- When my oldest daughter was five, she was playing in her room and all of the sudden she started screaming and she ran to me. When I asked her what was wrong, she told me there were red eyes looking at her from her toy-box! I had never mentioned what happened to me, in fact, I had almost totally forgotten about it until she had the same experience.

In this same apartment (which used to be a carriage house back in the early 1900's) I saw shadows, my cousin who was staying with me and sleeping in that bedroom where the eyes were, saw a 'phantom' white cat in the room, and just always a feeling of someone watching me. continued...

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:27 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• The house I lived in from the time I was 10 until 18, had many many things happen in it. Footsteps, water tuning on by it's self, sounds of something heavy falling down the basement stairs and I saw the ghost of a little boy at the end of my bed one time.

My brother had this imaginary friend named Bill when he was little. This one time when I was alone in the house with him, he was playing in the basement and I heard him talking, so I stood at the top of the stairs and listened. I was totally shocked when I heard the unmistakable sound of a man's voice answering him! I ran down and there was no one there but him. I asked who he was talking to and he said it was Bill!

continued...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:28 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Now onto my children and the house we live in now. My oldest, who had seen the red eyes, has also seen shadows and the figure of a little girl standing in the hallway wearing a long white nightgown.

My middle daughter used to tell me that ghosts were talking to her at night, and that scared the hell out of me! She said they would tell her to be good.

My son, who is now 6, has had the most problems. He has gotten tons better but it used to be pretty bad. He would wake up in his room screaming in the middle of the night and he would shake for like an hour. I mean shaking like he was freezing to death!

continued...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:29 AM on Oct. 6, 2010