Are you a Christian? Do you know what being a Christian is?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 9:05 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I consider myself a Christian. To sum up what I think it meants, John 3:16. I also believe that as being Christian it is only for God who is to judge people and NOT myself. I always treat others the way I want to be treated. I don't feel it's necessary to go to church to praise God because I can do it in my home. This is what being a Christian is to me.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 9:12 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yes I am a Christian.

John 13:34 A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 9:59 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• No, I'm not a Christian. I was raised in a Christian household though.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Not a Christian at all, though I have a pretty good idea of what being one should entail. Let's just ssay Christianity tends to be highly misrepresented.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I believe Christian means to be Christ-like, to make the conscious effort and take on the conscious responsibility/obligation to be like Jesus, to follow in his example in being compassionate, loving, kind, gracious, etc. It also implies some sort of discipleship in terms of a teacher/disciple relationship, that it indicates “following” the example and teachings of Christ, and having him, in some way at the center or head (or other equivalent) of one's beliefs and one's relationship with God. Someone who believes in the person of Jesus, the message of love, compassion, and humility shown through his life, the thought that he reveals to us the character of God, Who is love and compassion, and who believes that living by his teachings and following his example can bring us closer to God as well as our fellow man.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• No...and yes.

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• But I don't believe that there is a set standard of belief or doctrine when it comes to meeting the above definition. Christian, in my opinion, doesn't imply an adherence to specific criterion of faith, but instead indicates a specific standard of heart, a criterion of love, if you will.
    bandgeek521

• Oh, and yes, I am a Christian - a Christian Universalist. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Not anymore Im not. Yes, I know very well what it is.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I am no longer a christian and yes I know what it is. I think many have twisted it up into something that is unlike your Christ.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:51 PM on Oct. 6, 2010