i found cash behind my 8 year olds wardrobe, i confronted him and he says he doent know nothing about it. my other son who is 11 years old, he denys it too. how would you deal with this situation now?

kamk

Asked by kamk at 9:11 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would ask the guests and then return it if it was theirs. If I were the guest and it was stolen from me, I would much rather have you call saying you found it and have you send it back and know something was done. If you didn't tell me, then I would think someone (possibly you or your husband) stole from me and I would never want to visit you again. Knowing it was a kid, I would want to visit again, but I would be more careful the next time.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I'd spend it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:12 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i'd put it away..and wait.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:15 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• what's the big deal? was it a lot of money?
    CLewis1226

Answer by CLewis1226 at 9:15 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• how much money was it? its kinda hard to answer the question without some kinda detail
    MELLI80

Answer by MELLI80 at 9:22 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• How much money are you talking about? If it was a few dollars, could it have fallen down there months ago and they didn't realize it? If you are talking about a LOT of money, ask them where they found it and if they have any idea who it belongs to? Explain it is a lot of money and it should be returned to the person that lost it.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• It was 236 dollars, in 50 and 100 note. Still can't find who's money it is, the thing is they must have stole it from some1. The 8 year old has stole things in past. If they can do this now, what will they do next is the point.
    kamk

Comment by kamk (original poster) at 10:19 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Wouldnt you have heard of money being stolen from someone by now? Like a friend teacher or something? Could you SO have hid it?
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 10:39 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Yeah but not everybody will get back to you of money missing, we did have guest from canada last month, I feel scared to ask them and tell them what my kids have done. I've punished them both by no tv and doing homework and housework after school.
    kamk

Comment by kamk (original poster) at 10:45 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Maybe...you know your kids much better than me, obviously...but if you think that it's possible that they stole it, and it's possible from your guests that you had last month, maybe your guests are afraid to ask you because they don't want to seem like they're accusing your kids of stealing it.

I honestly have no idea how I would handle the situation...is there any way to "scare" them? They're young, so I don't know what all can be done to "scare" them, like any cop friends that could do something like actually handcuff and put them in the back of the car? I don't know if that's too extreme, but it's a thought.
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 12:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2010