I have a question about leaving a 2.5 year old in her room to take other child to bus stop. Please no bashing just a simple question

My 5 year old takes the bus to school. We have to walk to the bus stop which is like 2 house from my house at the stop sign. I can see my house from the bus stop. I shut her bedroom door and there is no way she can get out of the room unless I let her out. Her room is baby proof she is going to be 3 in January. She isn't in a crib anymore. But ok most days she is up when I take my other DD to the bus stop, but she has 5 years of elementry school so which means 5 years of riding the bus. So I know will come a time when my youngest will be sick or something I was wating to know if that time ever came where she was (throwing up sick) is it ok to leave her in her room until I got back from the bus stop? I sit down there maybe 3 minutes you can see my house from the bus stop? I would only do it if my child was sick though. If I can't do this what else is there? DH goes to work at 730 she gets picked up at 749-751

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 9:24 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in General Parenting

• I can see your dilemma. I think you worry about this because you are a good mom so there's no need for bashing. I think you need to do the best you can and if you think she's safe then do what you have to do. The only suggestion I would make is this... Stay in front of your house. You can see bus coming and see your daughter get on the bus while listening into the house for the 2.5 year old. My children are 3.5 years apart and I had the same problem (plus my youngest wore braces on his legs and dressing just to go to the bus stop was a real challenge). So this is the solution that worked for me.
    MissLori297

Answer by MissLori297 at 9:38 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• bring her with you to the bus stop
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 9:32 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• nope, too much can happen in that time
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:33 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Honestly I wouldn't leave her alone, I'd take her with me to the bus stop. It doesn't take long for something to go wrong.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 9:34 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I would take her with me. I would much rather having her get sick with me outside than by herself. My kids always got kind of scared when they started throwing up at that age.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:36 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• IF she was asleep, MAYBE. But probably not. If it is truly only two doors down from your house, why not stand at the end of your yard and watch your older child walk two doors down? I would be much more comfortable with that. You would be close to the house but able to see the other child too.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:36 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Take her with you no matter what.. Would you rather drag her out when she is sick or have something worse happen to her while she's at home alone?
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:01 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I'm in the same boat with my kids, and I don't leave my youngest who doesn't ride the bus alone in the house, even if she is sick. If worst comes to worst, I will stand on my porch to watch the older kids walk down the street and get on the bus (I can see the bus stop from my front porch.) I just don't think it's worth the risk of something happening to my child in those few minutes, or the risk of getting hassled by Childrens' Aid should my neighbour or someone phone me in. Because, let's face it, even if it's extremely unlikely that something would happen during those few minutes, it's still against the law to leave a toddler alone.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:30 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• now you are just being vengeful! Her child does not look "scrubby: you just know that you have been beat in this, and you cant possibly find another thing to defend yourself! Stop being so cruel and realize that you need help, and you were wrong!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• mommy5409, the fact is ou are mad, and being a bitch! You are tkaing your anger ot on her child, not her, you are an evil person!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2010