How do you feel about your teen getting piercings?

msm2010

Asked by msm2010 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't see anything wrong with piercings my son can have them at 16 if he so chooses.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 9:34 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My mom took me to get my industrial( a barbell through the top of my ear) when I was 17 when I went to pick out my first tattoo I would be getting the next week on my bday. I have had almost everything on my face pierced at one time or another done by my friend(apprentice at a shop at the time) my mom could care less. Now at 24 I am 12 tats and still just the piercing in my ear.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 9:35 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• As long as they don't look like a freak show and are under wraps and are not like two black holes which still looks hideous, I say go for it.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I don't have a teen yet but I would have no problem with them getting piercings as long as it was in a clean environment.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 9:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Ears only - including the cartillage areas of the ear. I allowed my teen for her 16th b-day to get an industrial. It was gruesome to watch, but she loves it!
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 9:38 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Depends on the piercing.. I wouldn't want them to be extreme facial piercings..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:54 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I see nothing wrong with piercings. As long as they're "normal" piercings like eyebrow, ears, nose studs, lip studs and belly button. When my daughter is 16, I will allow her to get a piercing as long as she saves up the money herself and thinks LONG and HARD about it. I love piercings and tattoos, my parents on the other hand did not. So I was never allowed to get any. But I'm 21 now and get whatever I want, but I've been saving my money for other important things. lol.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 11:03 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Our house rule is no piercings and no tattoos until you are on your own paying your own way. IF you choose to do that behind our back you are forfeiting the money we have saved for college and you have to pay for it on your own. We have worked VERY hard to save the money to put you through college and allow you to start a career with out school debt. IF you choose to do something perminite and non-main stream you are limiting your career options and we will NOT be paying if you choose to limit yourself from the very start.

Our kids are in high school and know our rules. So if they choose to break them they are choosing to accept the consequences.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 2:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My daughter has had a Belly Button Ring since she was 16 & my son had his ear Pierced at 16- i wouldn't want them to do anymore than that though- They are 22 & 24 now-
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 4:11 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My daughters got their ears pierced when they were in Junior High. My son got one earlobe pierced in college and his Dad had a fit....so he removed the earring and never put it back in. That was 20 years ago. :-) We are a conservative family.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2010