Im scared

My grandpa has been going to treatment for cancer for about six months and I have not had much to do with the whole issue because of living far away now days but I was told that he is not getting any better and that the cancer has spread to his brain. I took the kids to visit him last weekend and he is starting to have trouble remembering things and he does not talk like he use to it is more of a slur now days. I want to be strong for him and not cry but its hard to be around him and keep it all in. I don’t know what to do that can help at this time and my grandma is so tired but they will not let anyone help out with things that need to be done around the house. I just don’t know what to do or how to feel for that matter.

MisticDawn6

Asked by MisticDawn6 at 9:35 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Health

• I am so sorry for what you are going through, just be there for them if they need you, that is all you can do. "HUGS"

Answer by older at 9:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Hospice is a great organization. You might want to look into it, and give your Grandma some info on it... I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope you all find peace.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:38 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Thank you we have Hospice coming in thankfuly because I dont think grandma could do it all on her own.
    MisticDawn6

Comment by MisticDawn6 (original poster) at 9:40 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• So sorry you have to go through this. My dad had lung cancer that went to his brain before he passed and my mom had lung cancer. It's sad to watch. Yes Hospice can be very helpful.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:25 AM on Oct. 7, 2010