Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Family Thief

So my 28 yr old niece that stole TONS of stuff from my house will only get a slap on the hand,she lied to the police and said that the kids willingly gave her their game system to play with not to take,so she put it in her purse. Then she said that the game systems were laying all over the house. THIS IS BS we for one make our kids put their systems away in their drawers buried or we make them take a drawer out and put them under it. And each time she was at the house the kids gave stuff to her so everytime she just took it upon herself to add it to her purse? I would like to slap this bitch senseless,she's a liar and a thief and a drug addict and she is also screwing up her 3 yr olds life and taking a lot of chances. She will get away with not paying us back some of the stuff we will not get back cause it was sold off. She will get away with this. Should I go confront her? My sons psp is gone.

Answer Question

Asked by MarGeee at 9:43 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 20 (9,059 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • I would confront her and remove her from your life

    Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • sounds like she is in the court system i say let them deal with her and move on with your life and make sure she is not a part of it.....

    Answer by cara124 at 9:51 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • Check the pawn shops for your sons game. But I would report it every time. She needs help and confronting her over and over again. My one day help her.

    Answer by martinmommy26 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • Stop allowing her in your home and to your things. As far as the child if I feel for them but unless you can prove she is unfit to raise them then there is nothing you can do. You can take her to court for the things you can "prove" she took and have them set compensation for it but you have to be able to prove it. The best thing to do is remove her from your family and property.

    Answer by Cheveyo1 at 10:21 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • Did you press charges and testify against her in court? Don't allow her in your house anymore.

    Answer by HotMama330 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • Im not trying to be an A$$ here but the problem sounds like its your own fault for allowing return visits into your home by a niece that you knew was steeling! If you knew this 28 yr. old nieces behavior was not acceptable in your household then she should not have been allowed to return..EVER! She has to have consequences for her behavior & that means NO visits..EVER! Otherwise your at fault as much as she is. You continue to lay the temptation on the table shes going to take it. She maybe a clepto & needs treatment but not at your families expense. you cant complain if you allowed it to happen repeatedly. Granted no one like to have their things taken with or without permission. Now as far as her child goes thats none of your business. I suggest You worry about & cleaning your own door step. Run anything else thats detrimental to your family OFF regardless of who it is ! Dont allow it back! Once burned always burned.

    Answer by lacyjones at 4:28 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

  • I make a report and they will check out pawn shops in order to get proof of missing items make a list whats missing. Speak with the kids. Confront her with it in nice way. If you dont get ur answers, report it and later the truth will come out. And even if family, those dont belong in ur life and dont have to be, . Family should have trust. What goes around comes around, so dont be upset. The coming for them is near.

    Answer by urjester13 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.