Do you ever get stuck on stupid? Deer in The Headlight look?

Its rush hour at our house, grand Central Station: TV on, phone beepin or blinking, your multi tasking, cooking dinner, writing the grocery list, checking homework, making sure the dog ate, cleaning up, your thoughts are a million miles away then (BAM) all of a sudden your seven your old asks; what is gay or what is sex?screeeeech, what? huh? (the dumb look now sets in) now the deer caught in the headlights, finally stuck on stupid...

My first question, how,who huh? He said he heard about it in school...well, alrighty-then. We sit and have our talk (won't go into details about the talk)
It's just that he always catches me off guard. YIKES!

websavvy1

Asked by websavvy1 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• yep... ive had those moments. I say - great question can we talk about it in just a min... let me do xyz first. It gives me time to figure out where to go with the answer. The truth of course...but wording is everything.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 6:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• You know, the bright side of this is that your son has no qualms coming to you with questions. ;)

ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:04 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• My son does tend to drop big questions at really random times! haha Just have to be the parent that is "always prepared" like a boy scout and taking it all in stride.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:42 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i know what you mean kids say and ask some of the darnest things sometimes
    shannonsmom555

Answer by shannonsmom555 at 11:38 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Wow, I probably would have sent him to talk to his dad, lol. My husband and I agreed that when the time comes to talk about any of that I would deal with the girls, nd he would deal with the boys. So far we only have one boy though, lol. And we discussed that before we had him, so I get nervous now thinking about what he might come up with to tell him lol. He'd probably hand him a pack of condoms and say, go get em son. Lol, thats what my SIL jokes about anyways. But hope your talk went well.. O_o lol
    Jessica1991

Answer by Jessica1991 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• You're not the only one! LOL
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 2:30 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Isn't that part of the fun of parenting?
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:40 AM on Oct. 13, 2010

• All the time skeptisch_girl.gif gskeptisch image by bibu09

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:56 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• since my dd started pre-k i try to be ready for everythang under the sun cause some kids are just fast and know eveythang too soon.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:27 AM on Oct. 9, 2010