Awareness?

I understand that breast cancer has been a leading cause of death in women for a long time. However, there are so many other cancers out there taking the lives of many. Yet, I never see months or events dedicated strictly to these other cancers the way I see breast cancer promoted. It seems as though many breakthroughs have risen in breast cancer research, which is wonderful! But, what about other cancers? Pancreatic, for instance, is a true killer & death sentence. Why hasn't there been more focus on that? For that matter, colon is another deadly one due to the restrictions on screening b/c of age, etc. Yet, if you look at treatment options, there aren't many. I guess my question is why isn't there more out there about other cancers like there is for breast cancer?

TeensMom07

Asked by TeensMom07 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Health

• there are not as many advocates that try to push for publicity of it. Do you have a family memeber suffering? Make a blog about your trials with it, contact senate mebers, try to start a charity. Breast cancer awearness had to start somewhere. All your cuase needs is a person to stand up for it. We are trying to get our son's condition more well know. It only takes one person
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 11:47 AM on Oct. 6, 2010