Comid?!?

I have PCOS andwould like any info on anyones Clomid journey. I just went to the Dr. yesterday for the next step in TTC. Iam already on Metformin and now she added Provera to induce a period and and then I will start my first Clomid cycle. She gave me all the Med. info and I am just curious about any real life info I can get. How did it work for you and how long til BFP. Also was there any bad side effects, Did you have twins?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I went through it and have 1 child. But I did end up having to have my thyroid and parathyroid removed due to the clomid. My sister in law was on Clomid for 1 year - no children - but did gain 75 lbs. Good luck.

emerald53197

Answer by emerald53197 at 11:07 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I was on Clomid for 3 months at 100 mg Nothing happened, but we found out after (with a new Dr) that I can't get pregnant without an IUI. This month I took it 50 mg and had my IUI yesterday. I had 5 mature follicles, so I have a good chance of having multiples. There's a great Clomid board on here. (Clomid Chicks)

When I was on 100 mg I had HORRIBLE hot flashes (in the middle of summer and the a/c at work broke). This time I didn't have many side effects at all, I just needed a fan at night.
    MedicMommy

Answer by MedicMommy at 1:00 PM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I was on clomid for 1 cycle. They watched me carefully and had the ultrasound to see if it made me ovulate. The nurse told me unfortunately I did not based on the results. So I was a little disapointed, but once it was time for my period to come it didn't. They put me on provera and still no period. They had me come in for another ultrasound to see what was going on and SURPRISE! I was 6 weeks pregnant. So I would say Clomid worked for me. I also only have one tube that works. I had an ectopic, so my other tube is blocked by scar tissue. Clomid helps make sure you ovulate from both sides each month. Good luck. Oh yeah, only symptom I remember are the hot flashes.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 6, 2010