How do you regain trust? adult content

How do you regain trust when you feel so insecure?I don't know why but I feel that every time S/O walks out the house he is going to call a woman or something! I have tried and tried to think other wise how do I lose this insecure feeling?

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 6, 2010 in Relationships

• Why is it that you feel this way? Does he give you a reason to?
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• If he has given you a reason to distrust him, then it's up to him to regain that trust. It can take awhile and he has to prove to you everyday that you can trust him.

If your mistrust is based upon insecurity that he never caused, then that's an issue that you need to work on. Why do you not trust? Is it something about yourself that you need to have more confidence on?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Has he given you reason to doubt him? Or has there been others who have & now he's paying the price? Normally I would say to trust your instincts & listen to your little voice. But sometimes insecurity gets in the way of sound reasoning. I think unless you have some evidence- does he stay out late, not call, is he secretive, etc? If not, then this is something you need to work out on your own.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:08 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I have no solid evidence that he has ever cheated!
    Darla47

Comment by Darla47 (original poster) at 10:11 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Has he given you a reason not to trust him? If that is the case, then he is the one who has to regain your trust.

If it is just an issue that you have, then you need to work on it. If he has never given you a reason to distrust him and you are just being worried and paranoid, then that's not very good. You can't have a good relationship with someone if you don't trust them and think they're going to cheat on you or something every time they walk out the door.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:11 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• i feel you hun. i feel that way to.
    ladybug36519

Answer by ladybug36519 at 10:34 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• I have this same issue and am trying to deal with it. It's hard to say sometimes if it's just you or if it's them. You start questioning yourself and then them. And it's gets kinda confusing. So, i know where you are coming from.

I found this to kinda help me understand it a bit better. Maybe it will help you also. ...I started asking myself this question.....Do i do this with all men i have dated in the past?....Or, is it just him??.....If you do it with ALL men...Then, it's you!.....GL!
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 10:35 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• This isn't a trust issue, it's an issue borne from a lack of self-confidence, and that's probably because you aren't really challenging yourself in life. Instead of growing and learning as an individual, you're putting all your energy into freaking out about the man in your life. Get a hobby, learn a new skill, take a class, do something that makes you feel good for something you've actually accomplished.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• Nope it's not all men it's just with him and he is my life!
    Darla47

Comment by Darla47 (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Oct. 6, 2010

• As much as I despise Anon posters in general, she's right.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:02 AM on Oct. 6, 2010